Bill Neumann at fixmydual.com

orthobiz

Bill Neumann at fixmydual.com
« on: 2 Apr 2017, 11:33 pm »
So I got the vintage bug recently and just had to have another Dual. A 1215 was my first table. I passed up on buying John thechairguy's 701 a few years back, buying his VPI HW-19 instead...but I digress.

So, a quick e-mail to Bill. He had refurbished a 1215S I had bought for my daughter and I was delighted with the service.

The 701 arrived, safe and well-packed. With a brand new walnut base and a brand new dustcover, a new stylus for a used Shure V-15 Type III cartridge. Great instructions. Easy setup. I was in 1973 analog heaven.

But, my table developed a problem a FEW MONTHS later, the strobe light would come on and the platter wouldn't spin. Shot off an e-mail to Bill. NO PROBLEM, probably a cold solder weld somewhere, "you don't have to be bothered by it!" He sent another deck out immediately. With a return label included for shipping back to him, no less! And I'm up and running again!

Bill is a true pleasure to deal with, he's not just about the money but is all about the hobby. And his customer's satisfaction. What more could you ask for? Kudos Bill! Thanks for everything.

Paul

PS Every once in awhile, nothing beats a fully automatic deck. Go ahead, call me lazy!

TerryWI

Re: Bill Neumann at fixmydual.com
« Reply #1 on: 8 Apr 2017, 12:49 pm »
I also had Bill work on my CS-5000 last year to replace the broken phono cables and perform his general maintenance service.  He sent specific instructions on how to take apart, pack and ship the turntable.  Everything went as expected and works like new.  He provides a great service at a fair price to keep our Duals in shape.

4Play

• You Get Busy Living or You Get Busy Dying
Re: Bill Neumann at fixmydual.com
« Reply #2 on: 5 May 2017, 12:04 am »
Bill is a true gentleman at heart. If you ever had an opportunity to speak to him by phone, you will hear the passion in his voice. I purchased a 721 direct drive and a 1219 idler drive from Fix My Dual. Always ready to help when asked without wanting anything in return. FMD has the largest parts inventory for Dual turntables. He builds his own plinths, and he has dustcovers made to his specifications.

I would highly recommend Bill and Fix My Dual to anyone who is looking to go vintage. This will be the best investment to your audio system.