FS/T: Laptop-based music server **Price Drop**

V-Fi

FS/T: Laptop-based music server **Price Drop**
« on: 16 Dec 2016, 05:04 am »
Looking to get rid of my 3rd system source. It's an HP Elitebook 840 G1 laptop with a fast i7 3.3GHz cpu, 8GB RAM, and a 180GB SSD. It comes with a fresh (legit) Windows 10 install. I can also put Foobar2000 on there if you'd like.

I have the dedicated dock which means you can keep this in your audio rack with clean power and network connections around back. Control the whole thing with MonkeyMote for Foobar without having to ever open the laptop lid. Then grab the laptop out of the dock and take it in the other room for email and AudioCircle browsing, without having to unplug anything else. Or, use the Tidal desktop app if you subscribe that service. It runs Roon very well, with enough power to handle upsampling PCM to DSD and serve multiple zones without any trouble. Battery life is great and I have a brand new, unused OEM battery as well. This was a business class notebook selling for over $1,000 several years ago, not including the spare battery and dock.

Also I will load up the SSD with music if you'd like. High-res PCM or even DSD, I've got a ton. PM me about that if you'd like more details.

I found that by adding an affordable UpTone Regen to the USB output, plus running JPLAY combined with Foobar, this made for a very nice sounding transport. I'm keeping my Regen and the JPLAY license won't transfer but those are possible ways of getting the most out of this device. It sounds great stock though, the dock seems to be superior to the side USB ports on the laptop itself for whatever reason.

I'm asking $600 $500 or best offer for the whole thing (remember the music, hundreds of albums included). Or I would entertain interesting offers for trades. Not looking for anything in particular but shoot me your idea and we can discuss. USA only please.
« Last Edit: 10 Feb 2017, 04:27 am by V-Fi »

V-Fi

Re: FS/T: Laptop-based music server
« Reply #1 on: 21 Dec 2016, 05:48 am »
Bump for the week. If anyone wants to discuss just the music aspect of it, let me know. Also I'll be doing family stuff this week so I can answer emails but probably can't get it shipped until after Christmas.

V-Fi

« Reply #2 on: 1 Jan 2017, 05:51 pm »
Happy New Year bump

V-Fi

« Reply #3 on: 21 Jan 2017, 01:01 pm »
bump

V-Fi

« Reply #4 on: 30 Jan 2017, 04:05 am »
To the Top!

V-Fi

« Reply #5 on: 7 Feb 2017, 07:34 am »
bump

V-Fi

Re: FS/T: Laptop-based music server **Price Drop**
« Reply #6 on: 20 Feb 2017, 08:21 pm »
Bump for lower price, let's move this thing!

V-Fi

« Reply #7 on: 1 Mar 2017, 07:56 pm »
Bump, make me offers if you want, this thing is just sitting here doing nothing right now.

V-Fi

« Reply #8 on: 12 Mar 2017, 06:20 am »
bump for offers

V-Fi

« Reply #9 on: 20 Mar 2017, 12:36 am »
Laptop sold, if anyone wants to talk about the music collection, I'm still open to that.