SongTower video

jsalk

SongTower video
« on: 23 Mar 2015, 06:26 pm »
As you can imagine, we get a lot more questions about the SongTowers than any other speaker we build.  So we thought we'd try and put a video together that outlines the complete story and addresses many of the questions we are often asked. (Example: Will they work with my receiver?)

Here is a link...
http://youtu.be/IFepRi9LDcs

Based on the response, we hope to do a few more videos on various topics from time to time.

- Jim
« Last Edit: 24 Mar 2015, 01:28 pm by jsalk »

Denverhifi

Re: SongTower video
« Reply #1 on: 23 Mar 2015, 06:55 pm »
Very well done!  If I didn't already have a pair, I'd certainly be headed to your website.

Big Red Machine

« Reply #2 on: 23 Mar 2015, 07:03 pm »
SS8's
Exoticas
Remove the myth the Song Surrounds are for surround only
How the HT3 put you on the map

Kwebb

« Reply #3 on: 23 Mar 2015, 07:46 pm »
Frank,

Very good presentation and narration on your part.  Very, very professionally done.  I can now share this Youtube link with my circle of friends who ask what speakers I have and that have never heard of Salk Sound (but they have heard of Bose).

I appreciate that you selected the picture of my HT3's for the intro also, they look awesome. The HT3 is a very high performing full range speaker that seems to be forgotten and overlooked.  It is a very high performing design.

Keep up the good work.

Kyle
« Last Edit: 24 Mar 2015, 03:19 am by Kwebb »

jsalk

« Reply #4 on: 23 Mar 2015, 08:25 pm »
Thanks Kyle.  I do all the work...Frank gets all the credit  :lol:

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #5 on: 23 Mar 2015, 09:12 pm »
Very well done!   :thumb:   Having done videos myself I can appreciate the effort.  I also laughed at the "Perfect Storm" comment.  :lol:

laulau

« Reply #6 on: 23 Mar 2015, 09:18 pm »
Jim,

Great job on the video (and kudos to that Frank guy too!  :wink:) and hope to see more like these (I've subscribed on YT to make sure I don't miss any).

In addition to the future subject matter that BRM suggested above, I'd like to see -
Veneers and finish options
Salk craftsmanship
Veracity line (mainly HT2-TL & Veracity ST)

And I especially agree with BRM about removing the myth about Song Surrounds being for surround duty only.  In fact, I'd go as far as suggesting renaming the Surrounds to something like the Song Monitor and Song Monitor MTM and market them more as the entry-level system for Salk, kinda like a gateway drug.   :thumb:

Austin08

« Reply #7 on: 23 Mar 2015, 09:41 pm »
Jim,

Great video. Looking for more of this in the future. This video is easier to share and educate all my friends, especially on fb.  :lol:

Phil A

« Reply #8 on: 23 Mar 2015, 09:41 pm »
Thanks Kyle.  I do all the work...Frank gets all the credit  :lol:

That's what you get for using paid actors :lol:

Phil A

« Reply #9 on: 23 Mar 2015, 09:43 pm »
Great video btw - too many companies have no info on their website about impedance, sensitivity, physical dimensions or other important factors.

Tomy2Tone

« Reply #10 on: 23 Mar 2015, 10:15 pm »
Great video Jim!

Look forward to what you will produce in the future.

robcentola

« Reply #11 on: 23 Mar 2015, 10:47 pm »
That's great! We want more! :guitar:

DMurphy

• Industry Participant
    • SalkSound
« Reply #12 on: 24 Mar 2015, 01:13 am »
Hmmmmmm.   I'm wondering how much this dude would charge to do a promo for Philharmonic Audio.  We'll need to add a golden retriever, of course.   Really professional job, Jim.   And thanks for the mention, even though it will probably cut any new sales in half. 

Phil A

« Reply #13 on: 24 Mar 2015, 02:02 am »
Hmmmmmm.   I'm wondering how much this dude would charge to do a promo for Philharmonic Audio.  We'll need to add a golden retriever, of course.   Really professional job, Jim.   And thanks for the mention, even though it will probably cut any new sales in half.

Rumor has it that Frank's services are cheap :green:

SCompRacer

« Reply #14 on: 24 Mar 2015, 04:35 am »
High marks! 8) Great video! We want more!

Paul K.

« Reply #15 on: 24 Mar 2015, 02:02 pm »
Really well-done video, Jim.  What I liked most was the total lack of pseudo-science and questionable claims that so often populate audio marketing (not that you would say anything like that in the first place).  I also want to thank you for acknowledging my contribution and I hope you will send Martin King the link to your video as I'm sure he will appreciate knowing he was credited for his excellent work.
Paul

JonnyFive

« Reply #16 on: 24 Mar 2015, 02:41 pm »
Great video, Jim.  I'd love to see more, as others have mentioned here.  Some other video topics that could be informative:

-HT3s
-SS8s
-E3s.
-Go into detail about the RAAL tweeter and why it's featured in many of your offerings.
-What differentiates Salk Sound from competitors? How has the business evolved?

avahifi

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.avahifi.com
« Reply #17 on: 24 Mar 2015, 09:28 pm »
Wonderful presentation, Jim.  Songtowers are sooo good.  AC members,  please think about these speakers as an awesome high value upgrade to any rationally priced system.

Frank Van Alstine

strateahed

« Reply #18 on: 24 Mar 2015, 10:15 pm »
Excellent presentation Jim. Very informative ... tells a great story without a whole lot of hype. Thanks for sharing.

greenhouseman

« Reply #19 on: 26 Mar 2015, 01:24 am »
Silks, very,very special speaker. Deserve more publicity!