The Interview

Wind Chaser

The Interview
« on: 26 Dec 2014, 12:56 am »
Could not endure watching this dog run its course. Wasn't expecting much and still disappointed. :thumbdown: x5

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
Re: The Interview
« Reply #1 on: 26 Dec 2014, 01:05 am »
It was available on YouTube for $6.
I almost got it, but didn't. I wanted to buy it just for the sake of what was right with the world.
Interested to hear the reviews.

Bob

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #2 on: 26 Dec 2014, 01:09 am »
You have to figure that any movie set in no-laughing-allowed North Korea has to be something of a stinker, but if it pisses off the Michelin Man, I'm in!    :icon_twisted:

Guy 13

« Reply #3 on: 26 Dec 2014, 02:01 am »
Hi all,
since planet Vietnam is very close to North Korea,
we hear about the little piggy's stupidities everyday.
I won't pay to see the movie, I'm sure in a year or so,
I will see it for free on TV,
if the little crazy fatso doesn't blow up our planet,
planet earth that is.

Guy 13 on planet Vietnam.

stlrman

« Reply #4 on: 26 Dec 2014, 04:08 am »
I thought it was free on YouTube

WGH

« Reply #5 on: 26 Dec 2014, 04:23 am »
First off I'm not a Seth Rogen fan and don't rent bromance films but felt it was my duty to express my American freedom of whatever this Christmas to see this film. Along with a good friend and the proper amount of holiday libations it was pretty darn funny more than half the time, entertaining, goofy, low-brow, and over all a good time.

Wayne and Julie approved but only for 2 thumbs because Team America: World Police was much, much funnier.
 :thumb:   :thumb:

ajzepp

« Reply #6 on: 26 Dec 2014, 07:53 am »
I decided to rent it since it was available, and I think if you enjoyed the Rogen/Franco type films in the past, there's no reason to think you wouldn't enjoy this. I found it pretty enjoyable for some mindless entertainment...was good for a few laughs.

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #7 on: 26 Dec 2014, 10:21 am »
I'll catch it pretty soon but tonite I had to do dinner with the family before sneaking out for a late showing of The Imitation Game (which was outstanding, BTW! :thumb:).  I will confess to loving Franco and I think Rogan is pretty funny, too, so I'll rent it eventually.

FWIW I'd love to see streaming/rental day-and-date with the theatrical release become the norm.

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #8 on: 26 Dec 2014, 01:15 pm »
I thought it was free on YouTube
Nope, $5.99 to rent. Something like $12 to purchase.
I was going to watch it "in the background", but when it turned out to be six bucks, I backed out.

mcgsxr

« Reply #9 on: 31 Dec 2014, 08:06 pm »
Watched it yesterday. 

Won't get those 2 hours back, but had a few laughs.

Met expectations. 

mhconley

« Reply #10 on: 31 Dec 2014, 08:17 pm »
Rented it on the XBOX ONE Santa brought my son on the 27th.  (Odd Sony didn't make it available on the PlayStation Network.)  Was about what I expected.  We would have never seen it in a movie theater but on pay-per-view it was a no brainer; especially with the thumb your nose at that little fat Korean Hitler wanna-be, Kim Jong-un.  The movie was way over the top, along the lines of This is the End, but not as funny.  I give it 3 starts out of 5.  (Then again I'm a big Seth Rogen / James Franco fan and love over the top comedy.)

Martin
« Last Edit: 1 Jan 2015, 03:21 pm by mhconley »

oldman45

« Reply #11 on: 1 Jan 2015, 06:36 am »