Any good fights on the horizon?

jimdgoulding

Any good fights on the horizon?
« on: 5 May 2014, 10:35 pm »
Golovkin and Chavez looks like it won't happen:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/boxing/hopes-for-a-gennady-golovkin-julio-cesar-chavez-bout-begin-to-fizzle-as-promoter-prepares-to-move-on-040509521.html

I don't Chavez wants any part of this fellow.  Anybody know anything good?

macrojack

• Restricted
Re: Any good fights on the horizon?
« Reply #1 on: 5 May 2014, 11:29 pm »
Yes! When my wife finds out what I paid for my new Jeff Rowland Continuum S2 the sparks will fly. I've got about 25 lbs. on her but she's 7 years younger and in much better shape. Stay tuned.

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #2 on: 6 May 2014, 12:27 am »
I dropped in on Tom last week, and I agree his wife can take him easy.

And they have the biggest (and friendliest) damned Akita you EVER saw!   :o

jackman

« Reply #3 on: 6 May 2014, 01:18 am »
Bad news!  I was looking forward to the GGG Chavez fight. I'd love to see Andre Ward fight GGG and think Golovken would knock him out. That would be a great fight. I wouldn't give up on the Chevez fight. It could stil happen. It would be fun to watch James Kirkland fight one if these guys!he looked very good last time out.

Otherwise, nothing really excites me. Boxing is in bad shape these days!

jimdgoulding

« Reply #4 on: 6 May 2014, 01:37 am »
Viewed Manny and Tim a second time today.  Bradley needs a fight bad to redeem himself, imo.  He looked awful.  Quit using his legs and forgot how to box.  He just began throwing roundhouses that Manny could easily see coming.  He boxed Bradley's ears off.  Hurt him a couple of times, too.  Bradley completely deployed the wrong strategy. 

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #5 on: 6 May 2014, 11:41 am »
I dropped in on Tom last week, and I agree his wife can take him easy.

And they have the biggest (and friendliest) damned Akita you EVER saw!   :o
Yeah Bob, Tokie is still laughing about your visit. He refers to you as "Brick the Tick". Nobody ever gets down on the floor and wrestles with him like you did. Most people have more sense.
Anyway, it was great to meet you and Chris, and it's too bad you couldn't stick around longer.

---------------------                  -----------------------                 ---------------------------                     ------------------------

Thunderbrick was on his way home from California when he dropped by Fruita to pick up an amp he bought from me. Poor guy was frazzled from his whirlwind travel itinerary - all by car. He's a great guy and I'm hoping he can find his way back here some time.