Audition Available for Acoustic Zen Adagios in Southeast Michigan Area?

sounddog

I'm considering several speakers as an upgrade to my system, including the Acoustic Zen Adagios. I love my Acoustic Zen interconnects and have read mostly positive things about the Adagios. But I haven't found any shop in Southeast Michigan that has these speakers on hand. Is there anyone in the area who has a pair of Adagios that they'd graciously allow me to audition?

Thanks.

charmerci

If you're not too far from Pontiac, you oughta go by Salk loudspeakers and take a listen.  http://www.salksound.com

rockadanny

charmerci - Where you live - you are such a lucky dog!
I would advise anyone near MI looking for speakers must visit both Mr. Salk and Mr. Geddes (Northville). Two world-class speaker manufacturers (artists in their own right). Link to Mr. Geddes:
http://gedlee.com/

Big Red Machine

Sounddog, are you a SMAC member?  Will you attend AKFest in April?  If not, then we need to hook you up with the large group of audiophools here.

I'm considering several speakers as an upgrade to my system, including the Acoustic Zen Adagios. I love my Acoustic Zen interconnects and have read mostly positive things about the Adagios. But I haven't found any shop in Southeast Michigan that has these speakers on hand. Is there anyone in the area who has a pair of Adagios that they'd graciously allow me to audition?

Thanks.

sounddog

I am close to Pontiac and just yesterday evening went to see Jim Salk (I only learned about him recently when I signed up on Audiocircle) and heard the SongTowers he had available. The Salk speakers are now high on my list (especially the new supercharged SongTowers or maybe the HT2-TL if my budget expands, neither of which he had available for auditioning at the moment). I'm also considering the VMPS RM30 (only heard about VMPS recently through AC), Vandersteen 3A Signature and 2Ce Signature II, and the MG 1.6 or 1.7 (I currently have MG12s and Bryston amps) - probably would do the Magnestand mod if I get the 1.6. Still hoping to hear the Adagios and I will check out Geddes. I also need to get my wife to hear these speakers since she's a classical musician (and 90% of our listening is classical music) and serves as my "professional ears". And I will look into SMAC and hope to attend the AudioKarma fest in April. Thanks for the replies.

nnck

• Music Collector, Audiophile, in that order :)
I am close to Pontiac and just yesterday evening went to see Jim Salk (I only learned about him recently when I signed up on Audiocircle) and heard the SongTowers he had available. The Salk speakers are now high on my list (especially the new supercharged SongTowers or maybe the HT2-TL if my budget expands, neither of which he had available for auditioning at the moment). I'm also considering the VMPS RM30 (only heard about VMPS recently through AC), Vandersteen 3A Signature and 2Ce Signature II, and the MG 1.6 or 1.7 (I currently have MG12s and Bryston amps) - probably would do the Magnestand mod if I get the 1.6. Still hoping to hear the Adagios and I will check out Geddes. I also need to get my wife to hear these speakers since she's a classical musician (and 90% of our listening is classical music) and serves as my "professional ears". And I will look into SMAC and hope to attend the AudioKarma fest in April. Thanks for the replies.

sounddog-
Just noticed that I actually have 2 of those speaker types here at my home. Both the Adagios and the Vandersteen 2Ce (but these are older, not the Signatures). Anyway, lots of good speakers there that you listed. Good luck finding something right for you.

sounddog

nnck, how would you compare the strengths and weaknesses of your Adagio and 2Ce speakers?