Last Piece of the System: Sub for mini 9.0's

aggielaw

« on: 7 Nov 2005, 03:57 am »
Sometime in the next six months I want to upgrade to a subwoofer that will stay in my system for at least a couple years.  I've searched both the asylum and audiogon for people's favorite subs for music, but it seems like only a few options come up (Velodyne DD series, Vandy 2wq).

Due to all the upgrading I've done this year I need to keep the budget down to no more than $1k on the used market unless there's just a huge difference between what I can get for $1k used and something more expensive.  In which case, I suppose I could justify a little more on my credit card.  :|

Thanks in advance for your recommendations!

Captain Humble

« Reply #1 on: 7 Nov 2005, 04:36 am »
Several speakers back I had a pair of nOrh Marble 9.0's.
IMHumbleO they require a sub as well.

I purchased a used ACI Titan II LE and still use it for movies.
Very musical sub.  They don't show up often on the used market but you should be able to get one for $750 to $800 if you keep your eye on Audiogon.

Best of luck with your search.
Jeff

oris98

« Reply #2 on: 7 Nov 2005, 06:09 am »
I use a pair of ACI Force and they sound very close to the Titen except they are 10" instead of 12" sub.  I found 10" can be driven more efficiently and fit the Marble 9 very well.  I got them less than $600 each in the used market.  They don't drop value much as they are hot in the used market.