FS: Sold -Salk Surround I speakers

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
FS: Sold -Salk Surround I speakers
« on: 25 Aug 2023, 03:59 pm »
            SOLD - Salk Surround Is Bookshelf Speakers, std. curly cherry finish.

Purchased 11/18/08 (original owner) used sparingly as rear speakers in 5.1  combo HT/2 channel system. Rear ported. Used rarely since 2015, thinning the herd.
Current specs here -  https://salksound.com/model.php?model=SongSurround+I

I'm sure Jim can advise of any changes since original mfg. Rate as 8.5 of 10 due to age, no flaws, scratches/damage I can find, see pics.

$450 plus shipping & insurance (USPS/UPS/FedEx) of buyer's choice. Available for local pickup for cash. Personal check or Postal Money Order, when funds clear units will ship in original packaging. Any questions please PM. Thank you for looking.

« Last Edit: 21 Mar 2024, 09:18 am by ArthurDent »

Mudslide

Re: FS: Salk Surround I speakers
« Reply #1 on: 25 Aug 2023, 07:05 pm »
I'd be all over these if I needed more speakers. (Haha, I don't, already struggling for room with my current 19!!  And the finish perfectly matches my Aerial 7B's.  :o)  These are lovely Salks, JD, and at a great price. 

GLWTS

Rshorb

« Reply #2 on: 28 Aug 2023, 11:04 am »
If only I could fit a 7.1 set up in my family room.

billmcc

« Reply #3 on: 28 Aug 2023, 12:07 pm »
I have a pair just like these (without the grilles) sitting in my closet as spares. Great little speakers and at an excellent price.

ArthurDent

« Reply #4 on: 30 Aug 2023, 11:08 pm »
Thanks for the comments Gents. They are very nice speakers, as are all that Jim & company build. It's just a shame to have them sitting around instead of being used, hopefully someone decides they can fill a spot in their system.

Really Mud, 19 eh, must be a heck of a surround system.  :wink:

Rshorb

« Reply #5 on: 6 Sep 2023, 11:32 pm »
I'd be all over these if I needed more speakers. (Haha, I don't, already struggling for room with my current 19!!  And the finish perfectly matches my Aerial 7B's.  :o)  These are lovely Salks, JD, and at a great price. 

GLWTS

You just have to rotate your stock like I do  :D

knucklehead

« Reply #6 on: 9 Oct 2023, 03:55 am »
Maybe I missed it. Where is local for you?

Thanks!

For Sale Salk Surround Is Bookshelf Speakers, std. curly cherry finish.

Purchased 11/18/08 (original owner) used sparingly as rear speakers in 5.1  combo HT/2 channel system. Rear ported. Used rarely since 2015, thinning the herd.
Current specs here -  https://salksound.com/model.php?model=SongSurround+I

I'm sure Jim can advise of any changes since original mfg. Rate as 8.5 of 10 due to age, no flaws, scratches/damage I can find, see pics.

$450 plus shipping & insurance (USPS/UPS/FedEx) of buyer's choice. Available for local pickup for cash. Personal check or Postal Money Order, when funds clear units will ship in original packaging. Any questions please PM. Thank you for looking.

ArthurDent

« Reply #7 on: 2 Nov 2023, 05:11 am »
Local is 98042 - Seattle/Tacoma area. Sincere apologies for the delayed response.  :duh:

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #8 on: 8 Nov 2023, 06:48 pm »
How do these sound near-field at low-ish volumes? [I have a spare Rythmik 12" sub that I could incorporate into the system.] These could potentially fit a need (okay, a want) I have for desktop speakers. The front baffles would be approximately 36" from my face.

Michael

ArthurDent

« Reply #9 on: 9 Nov 2023, 07:38 am »
Michael, with the qualifier that the opinion is based on 74 year old ears, I would say they are detailed, provide a lot of air/space to the soundfield, and smooth. I've been running them in my bedroom system since the posting, rather than put them back in 'storage'. I listen to them as I go to sleep each night, near-field. fwiw ECM jazz, Terje Rypdal, Eberhard Weber, John Abercrombie primarily.

If you've heard Jim's Song Towers at some point along the line you'll have a fair idea of what the Song Surrounds sound like, simply a smaller scale. You know roughly where I am, and are always welcome to drop by next time in the area for a listen. I can put them in the main system for a better test, and adjust seating to a nearfield setup, for better assessment. If you have the space - 13" H x 11.5" D x 8" W, I think you'd enjoy them.

Feel free to ask/PM any other questions you may have.
JD

PS  wonder what they'd sound like with your new 300b monos from Don & Lynn ?  Nice snag btw.  :drool:

knucklehead

« Reply #10 on: 20 Nov 2023, 12:43 am »
Local is 98042 - Seattle/Tacoma area. Sincere apologies for the delayed response.  :duh:
Dang! I live in central Washington. I'm in Arizona for the winter. Not sure it'd be worth having these shipped. I had a pair of these many years ago. Who knew then that I'd be spending the winters in a motor home? I would have kept them. These would be perfect. But I suppose I can live with the ELAC B6's that I have.

Thanks!

ArthurDent

« Reply #11 on: 21 Nov 2023, 01:03 am »
Ah yes, escaping the cold/gloom & doom of Winter. Hope you are enjoying a comfortable clime. Check when you're back in the neighborhood who knows. Economy is still tough, they may still be around. So far it can't figure out if it's an El Nino or La Nina this side of the mtns. Late Dec early Jan temps & sun after the 3 atmospheric rivers earlier.

At a guess you'd likely be looking at roughly $125-150 shipping to AZ regardless of carrier.

Have a Great Thanksgiving. 

knucklehead

« Reply #12 on: 22 Nov 2023, 07:27 pm »
Ah yes, escaping the cold/gloom & doom of Winter. Hope you are enjoying a comfortable clime. Check when you're back in the neighborhood who knows. Economy is still tough, they may still be around. So far it can't figure out if it's an El Nino or La Nina this side of the mtns. Late Dec early Jan temps & sun after the 3 atmospheric rivers earlier.

At a guess you'd likely be looking at roughly $125-150 shipping to AZ regardless of carrier.

Have a Great Thanksgiving.

Yep, it gets quite cold in Grant County in winter. I've shoveled more snow than I care to think about. And scraping the carport of excess snow too. I've hired a neighbor to insure the carport does not collapse in a snowstorm. Not uncommon around central Washington.

I'll be checking in on your ad here come about mid March. Don't know exactly when I'll decide to venture back to the frozen north but if you still have these in March/April I just may have to relieve you of them!

Have a nice Thanksgiving!

Ken

rajeshs

« Reply #13 on: 25 Dec 2023, 12:34 am »
Arthur, I am interested in these speakers. I have sent you a PM.

Thanks

ArthurDent

« Reply #14 on: 26 Dec 2023, 11:54 pm »
Arthur, I am interested in these speakers. I have sent you a PM.

Thanks

Hi Rajesh, PM received, apologies for delayed response. Busy time of year. PM coming shortly.

Thanks.

ArthurDent

« Reply #15 on: 3 Jan 2024, 09:26 pm »
Just a note to advise the Surround Is have been sold. Thanks to all who've shown interest.