Sold-Revel M20 Rosewood-upgraded, complete w/ stands and grills $OLD

jonbee

I've decided to simplify my bedroom system so these wonderful modded Revel M20s are for sale.
This model got the Revel company off the ground in a big way, becoming one of the first Class A standmounts in Stereophile's list. They have very deep bass for a stand mount and are very clean and open.

Top quality construction, drivers (magnesium cone woofers!) and design by Kevin Voecks. Very heavy, at ~36 lbs. ea.
The original review is online, and describes them very well.
https://www.stereophile.com/standloudspeakers/492/index.html
I bought this pair a few years ago because I wanted to see how this already fine speaker might be improved. I replaced all the crossover caps with quality parts (Sonicaps in signal path), added additional sidewall damping and added felt masks to the tweeters. Result- more open, uncolored and much smoother highs. A great sounding nearly full range small speaker with great flexibility for room placement.
Almost 4 years ago I wrote the work up here:
https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=132515.msg1404311#msg1404311
The condition is very good- no scratches or dents that I can see except for the bottoms and some on the stands. The stain is somewhat faded generally, and there is some variation in the darkness of the stain on some sides. Drivers have no dents or marks.
A rare, complete pair- factory stands and feet as well as grills in good condition included.
The original stands are 28" high. If you prefer a shorter stand, I can substitute a pair of high quality Skylan 24" stands for the stands and feet.
These have only had 100 hours or so on them in the last few years. They will be making great music for decades to come, having no foam surrounds, tweeter ferrofluid or 'lytic caps to age.
These are heavy, with a ship weight of abut 115 lbs. in 3 boxes, but I'll pay shipping and fees to the mainland US, and reduce the price for local P/U in Seattle.
Thanks for having a look!
« Last Edit: 27 Dec 2018, 03:52 pm by jonbee »

jonbee

Bump, reduced price and free shipping!