My system is now complete (famous last words)

Chazz

« on: 31 May 2004, 11:10 am »
Well, my platinum face plates for my Odyssey extreme monos finally arrived today.

After spending 2 months on a ship between the US and Australia (never use surface mail!!), I found the box that I've been eagerly waiting for.

In my enthusiasm I broke off one of the bolts on the platinum face plate trying to tighten it too much (doh!), but otherwise my monos now look gorgeous.

Here's the final system.

Consonance Reference 2.2 CD Player
Eastern Electric Minimax Preamp
Odyssey Extreme Monos
Odyssey Loreleis
Slinkylink Silver speaker cable and interconnects.  
Eighth nerve room treatment

The sound is just captivating.  I had used B&W N805s (now on HT duty) before and on a whim put them back in again just to compare. What was obvious was that it had the same detail but that 'seductiveness' that the Loreleis had was gone.  In went back the Loreleis!!

I really can't think of any more upgrades than this (other than a bigger house with a dedicated music room).  

Klaus is a champ as usual and was really understanding at my hand wringing for the wait.

I will try to post some pictures on the Gallery if I can (never done it before).

Cheers
Charles

witchdoctor

« Reply #1 on: 31 May 2004, 11:52 am »
Congratulations! Glad you're enjoying it! Have you tried a power conditioner or different power cords?
If you're happy, don't, but since you  asked what else you could add I
thought I'd add my 2 cents.

rosconey

« Reply #2 on: 31 May 2004, 12:40 pm »
sounds good  :mrgreen:
i'm about finished myself i just have to decide if i want to upgrade from my 70$ dvd player  to a dedicated cdp and wait for klaus to send some  black knobs for my silver tempest.i have one pair of  silver monos ex and one pair black standard monos,black sansui tu317 reciever and silver toshiba 3950 dvd.so a combo colored tempest will look real kool :mrgreen:

yesterday i got lucky and found proper speaker location in my new deicated  room-my 10 minute  25 cent room treatments  along with my eighth nerve  corners are working very well-i cant find alot of fault in my pos toshiba dvd player so who knows if my cheap ass will ever get a cdp-

Chazz

« Reply #3 on: 1 Jun 2004, 11:34 am »
Here's a link to the Gallery

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?action=gallery;area=browse;album=321

BTW, I decided to replace the Consonance 2.2 with my smART Dio and Teac VRDS T-1 Transport combo.  A much livelier sound.

Charles