New Headphone Amp from Paul at Tube Audio Design!!

ajzepp

Hey guys...I know Paul has a lot of very satisfied customers around these parts, including myself, so I'm really excited that he has decided to offer a headamp. I've been a customer of his since 2007 and I still use his TDAC in my main system. I love that this new offering is battery powered, cause I've always wanted to take all or part of my system "off the grid" just to see the difference. This works great for me since I use my laptop (unplugged, using battery) as my main source.

Check it out!

http://www.2baudio.com/

dBel84

Re: New Headphone Amp from Paul at Tube Audio Design!!
« Reply #1 on: 7 Mar 2012, 04:01 am »
any detail on the design? Obviously not a schematic but discrete vs opamp, anything unique to pique interest?

..dB

ajzepp

« Reply #2 on: 7 Mar 2012, 06:26 am »
I think he said he uses two of these per channel...supposedly very highly regarded op amps: http://www.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/rc4580.pdf

dBel84

« Reply #3 on: 8 Mar 2012, 03:15 am »
Thanks, interesting chip - differential input is similar to the TPA series chip. Let us know what you think when you get to spend time with one.

..dB

ajzepp

« Reply #4 on: 8 Mar 2012, 05:17 am »
Definitely will...Paul's holding one for me, I just need to get the money together since I've spent so much lately...it's all Ed's fault!!!  :lol:

guest1632

« Reply #5 on: 12 May 2012, 05:14 am »
Hey guys...I know Paul has a lot of very satisfied customers around these parts, including myself, so I'm really excited that he has decided to offer a headamp. I've been a customer of his since 2007 and I still use his TDAC in my main system. I love that this new offering is battery powered, cause I've always wanted to take all or part of my system "off the grid" just to see the difference. This works great for me since I use my laptop (unplugged, using battery) as my main source.

Check it out!

http://www.2baudio.com/

The site doesn't work.

Ray Bronk

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #6 on: 12 May 2012, 07:10 am »
The site doesn't work.

Ray Bronk

Paul Grzybeck who owned TAD and a vintage Fisher repair business passed away on March 20.

ajzepp

« Reply #7 on: 12 May 2012, 07:15 am »
Paul Grzybeck who owned TAD and a vintage Fisher repair business passed away on March 20.

OMG...what the hell happened?? I was wondering why all of a sudden Paul and I lost touch. He basically decided to design a headamp at my suggestion and he and I were emailing back and forth quite a lot in February and the early part of March. I'm truly saddened to hear this...I thought he just got caught up in something personal and had put things on hold. I can't believe this....

JakeJ

« Reply #8 on: 12 May 2012, 01:09 pm »
Wow!  Only 48 years old.  RIP and my condolences to his family.

Frank I

« Reply #9 on: 16 May 2012, 11:59 am »
Wow!  Only 48 years old.  RIP and my condolences to his family.

I was sorry to hear that about Paul. Wow life can be so short. Good Guys do die young