Hemp Acoustics Ventana - has anyone tried it?

Rafal

• Artwork by Rafal Gwozdz
Hemp Acoustics Ventana - has anyone tried it?
« on: 27 Aug 2007, 04:08 pm »
Hi everyone,

Has anyone tried the Ventana from the Hem Acoustics site with the 12" dual concentric OB driver?
It looks very promissing. I'm also waiting on the release of the Kenobi which should be pretty cool.
http://www.hempacoustics.com/kits.php

Cheers,

Rafal

Cacophonix

Re: Hemp Acoustics Ventana - has anyone tried it?
« Reply #1 on: 27 Aug 2007, 04:30 pm »
Haven't heard any of their kits, but i like the way their instructions are written up.
I'd love to listen to kenobi and pyathon. The fact that plans are being given away for free makes it all the more tempting  :drool: :drool:

Rafal

• Artwork by Rafal Gwozdz
Re: Hemp Acoustics Ventana - has anyone tried it?
« Reply #2 on: 27 Aug 2007, 04:38 pm »
Haven't heard any of their kits, but i like the way their instructions are written up.
I'd love to listen to kenobi and pyathon. The fact that plans are being given away for free makes it all the more tempting  :drool: :drool:

Yes. the Kenoby especially looks very promising. It may end up being a very nice full range design with all the benefits of the single driver OB plus extended OB bass! I hope they come up with a passive XO and Active XO option. I can just see running my PP150 into the full ranges and a nice, large T amp or plate amp per woofer.

The cost would also be fairly decent (around $1000CAD) and the build would be pretty simple. I'd love to see the freq. response plot though. If it all works out, maybe I'll build it :)