ZAPpulse 2.0

Audio Architect

ZAPpulse 2.0
« on: 29 Jun 2003, 01:07 pm »
Has anyone built the ZAPpulse 2.0 or ZAPpulse 2.0 Special Edition digital amplifiers by LC Audio? I am curious to see how these will compare to the Bel Canto EVO2 and PS Audio HCA2.

Kevin P

• http://www.diycable.com
ZAPpulse 2.0
« Reply #1 on: 30 Jun 2003, 03:03 pm »
We have only sold a handful of the new ZAPPulse 2.0 in the USA and I'm not sure that they have been assembed into a finished amplifier yet so I don't think your going to get any comparisons.  I know that Lars Clausen has compared the ZAPPulse to a couple of the digital amplifiers floating around on the market..... the more expensive ones at least.   In those comparisons there is are only subtle differences between the amplfiers.  

We are working on a more complete kit.  It will have a chassis, power supply and all the parts necessary to assemble the amplifier (minus the power transformer).   After we have a package that is complete I think more people will be interested in making the jump.

JoshK

ZAPpulse 2.0
« Reply #2 on: 7 Jul 2003, 04:20 pm »
Kevin,

I for one am one person who is really interested in seeing a kit for such an amp.  I currently own a spectron for main two speakers and would be very interested in building a monoblock for a center channel.  Would a mono kit be available or are you going to sell a stereo kit only?

Audio Architect

ZAPpulse 2.0
« Reply #3 on: 10 Jul 2003, 01:14 am »
Quote from: JoshK
Kevin,

I for one am one person who is really interested in seeing a kit for such an amp.  I currently own a spectron for main two speakers and would be very interested in building a monoblock for a center channel.  Would a mono kit be available or are you going to sell a stereo kit only?

I also would like to see a mono kit. Raesonably priced high quality mono amps are rare. Monos are also extremely flexible.

Kevin P

• http://www.diycable.com
ZAPpulse 2.0
« Reply #4 on: 10 Jul 2003, 04:01 pm »
The kit we are working on would be a 1, 2 or 3 channel kit.  All use the same chassis and the power supply PCB is such that it can be populated for up to three channels of amplification.  

All of this is in the development stage so things can change.  Shooting for a late Fall 2003 availability.