Picture Of The Day

ooheadsoo

Re: Picture Of The Day
« Reply #360 on: 23 Mar 2008, 08:51 am »
Here're two I took today

And here's a stray dog I shot, just for Imperial

It was growling at me, so I didn't go no closer.  This is greatly cropped down from the original.
So, Imperial, what kind of mutt is this?  :scratch:

Daygloworange

• Industry Participant
  • www.customconcepts.ca
« Reply #361 on: 27 Mar 2008, 05:24 pm »
Coming home late last night, the moon was incredibly detailed, so I stopped by the lake (Lake Ontario) and snapped a few pics.

This was taken hand held. Camera is Canon S5 IS. Shot in manual mode, 1/40  F3.5  80 ISO.

Cheers

Grumpy_Git

« Reply #362 on: 27 Mar 2008, 08:16 pm »
dayglow

very nice you must have an iron grip and be tee-total  :thumb:

Nick.

Imperial

• Love keeps us in the air, when we ought to fall.
« Reply #363 on: 28 Mar 2008, 10:03 am »
It looks like a mix that mutt there yeah ooheadsoo.
It's got brine colors, and the head is like that of the American pit bull terrier, but the ears a somewhat wrongly shaped.
More like that of an American Bulldog I'd say, so I guess these two breeds could be in there.
However, it is still to leggy, IE the legs are more like that of the American Staffordshire, but they do have the curvature of the
Pit Bull...

Yup, that's as close as I can make it out. It is not a pure blood I think - (A female was it? ). Are they ever these strays..

Imperial

« Last Edit: 28 Mar 2008, 10:27 am by Imperial »

JohnR

« Reply #364 on: 28 Mar 2008, 10:05 am »
Here're two I took today

Love that one!

(What is it?)

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #365 on: 28 Mar 2008, 10:55 am »
Ditto, me too. Love that shot.
Looks to me like a very delicate lamp.

That dog looks like it would enjoy casually chewing on your leg for awhile.  :o
Based on the coloring, it looks like it has cheetah in it's bloodline.

Bob

jqp

• Volunteer
  • Each CD lovingly placed in the nOrh CD-1
« Reply #366 on: 1 Apr 2008, 02:14 am »

And here's a stray dog I shot, just for Imperial

It was growling at me, so I didn't go no closer.  This is greatly cropped down from the original.
So, Imperial, what kind of mutt is this?  :scratch:

This was Max, a Boxer/Boston Terrier - the above dog almost looks like Greyhound, the muscles are so long and exagerrated, but the barrel chest, face, ears, and Brindle coat looks Boxer / Pit Bull

Levi

« Reply #367 on: 2 Apr 2008, 01:22 am »
Here are a sequence of pictures when we visited Orlando March 2008. 

« Last Edit: 2 Apr 2008, 03:16 am by Levi »

ooheadsoo

« Reply #368 on: 2 Apr 2008, 01:45 am »
Love that one!

(What is it?)

Bob's right, it's 2 of 4 lamps with delicate spherical cages located in the Japanese gardens at Descanso Gardens in southern California.

I don't know dogs, but that one looked young and healthy enough to do me some serious damage.

Levi

« Reply #369 on: 2 Apr 2008, 04:05 am »
Here is another one.

Levi

« Reply #370 on: 2 Apr 2008, 04:06 am »
Day

Night

ooheadsoo

« Reply #371 on: 2 Apr 2008, 07:38 am »
Levi, I especially like the day time shot.

Here are some from my brief family vacation last weekend.

nathanm

« Reply #372 on: 2 Apr 2008, 02:56 pm »
There's the winner shot!  Nice color, form and texture. :thumb:

ooheadsoo

« Reply #373 on: 3 Apr 2008, 01:50 am »
Thanks.  Death Valley.

Trying to decide between a trip to Death Valley/Sequoia National Park or Bryce/Zion in 3 weeks.  Both ways I'll hit a place I went to just last weekend, but this time it'll be more for checking out things to shoot rather than a family vacation.

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
« Reply #374 on: 3 Apr 2008, 02:32 pm »
VERY NICE!  :thumb:
I wouldn't mind having that as my PC's desktop.  aa

Bob

BradJudy

« Reply #375 on: 3 Apr 2008, 05:16 pm »
Trying to decide between a trip to Death Valley/Sequoia National Park or Bryce/Zion in 3 weeks.  Both ways I'll hit a place I went to just last weekend, but this time it'll be more for checking out things to shoot rather than a family vacation.

We did Bryce/Zion at the beginning of May in 2005 and it was very nice.  If you take that route, I recommend getting up early enough to get into Bryce right when the park opens.  There were very few people in the park in the morning, but after a couple of hours the tour buses started arriving. 

We were fortunate to see Zion when the water was really high and there were plenty of little waterfalls coming right out from the sides of the cliffs.  (For those not familiar, Zion has layers of porous and non-porous rock in the cliffs, so water seeps down until it hits non-porous rock and then comes out the side of the cliff - either seeping or pouring)

ooheadsoo

« Reply #376 on: 4 Apr 2008, 01:39 am »
Either place my buddies and I go, that's what we'll be doing.  How was the snow when you were there?  As you can see, last weekend, the place was still snowed in.

I'm leaning towards Death Valley because the drive is much shorter.  Zion is always killer, though, and I want my friends to see it - however, they've been to none of these places, so it'd be a treat either way it goes.  I've been to all four, so it doesn't matter much to me - but personally, I like Zion best. 

mca

« Reply #377 on: 4 Apr 2008, 01:44 am »
The above pic maybe one of the coolest pictures I have ever seen. Nice job  :thumb:

ooheadsoo

« Reply #378 on: 4 Apr 2008, 01:48 am »
Thanks - fortunately, it takes no skill to take nice shots when you're in places like these. 

Bob, if you REALLY want to (or just for kicks) you can just click on any of these pics and download a larger version.
« Last Edit: 4 Apr 2008, 02:02 am by ooheadsoo »

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
« Reply #379 on: 4 Apr 2008, 01:49 pm »
Already did Abe.  :wink: It's my desktop at work.
Where, specifically, was that last photo taken? The family and I will be going west this summer for vacation. I was thinking about Sand Dunes National Park, but your last pic may sway my decision.

Bob