Which new band(s) have you found that need multiple listenings to appreciate?

Huck

Just found this band (Black Swan)..(Robin McAuley,Reb Beach,Matt Starr,Jeff Pilson) and they only have two albums out right now and at first listen,I didn't care for them,but after three or four listens,they are 'growing' on me.All members have been in other top bands,so they are not 'new',just new to me as a band.
Which artist or bands have you found that need lots of listens to really 'get' them.?? Thanks,Huck

« Last Edit: 28 Jan 2023, 06:43 pm by Huck »

WGH

Caroline Shaw - The Wheel
https://outhere-music.com/en/albums/caroline-shaw-wheel

Caroline Shaw is the youngest-ever winner of the Pulitzer Prize for Music, Shaw has premiered works at Carnegie Hall and the BBC Proms. The Wheel is a dialogue between the voice of the cello and the piano.

The Wheel is Stereophile's February 2023 Recording of the Month and one of the few recordings to get 5 Stars for both Performance and Sonics.

Prices vary a lot, HighResAudio has the 24/192 download for $14.90
https://www.highresaudio.com/en/search/?title=Caroline%20Shaw:%20The%20Wheel

Huck

Anyone else that need multiple listens to new bands/artists to appreciate their music and if so,who are they? :popcorn:Huck

timind

• permanent vacation
With so much music out there, I'm not sure I'm going to listen to something more than once if it doesn't appeal to me. Here's an artist I discovered a month ago. I've listened to, and really enjoy the three albums I've listened to.

nlitworld

• Strange things are afoot at the Circle K
A few bands I've needed to give multiple listens to appreciate are The Mars Volta, Dillinger Escape Plan, Converge, Opeth, Glassjaw and Minus The Bear. Funny enough, they are now considered some of my favorite bands. Easily accessible music is good and fun, but complex and different sounding brings me more lasting enjoyment anymore. Really whatever makes you happy is all good.

Jeff_From_Michigan

With so much music out there, I'm not sure I'm going to listen to something more than once if it doesn't appeal to me. Here's an artist I discovered a month ago. I've listened to, and really enjoy the three albums I've listened to.

Thanks for the rec, Tim.  I've seen this pop up on Qobuz, and had so far avoided it for fear of what might be behind the provocative title.

Giving it a listen, it certainly is interesting music. I get the feeling that it merits more than one listen, and that it might also grow on me. I bet this one would get the "Who is that playing?" question if it showed up on the party playlist.

I'm up to "Nibbadip", and it seems like the songs keep getting better.  Hmm, I think I might like this...

whydontumarryit

• Restricted
"Who is that playing?"

W*it* J*su* Bla** Pro**ems

Nothing provocative about that.

rif

• Not a cowboy

Huck

Fiona Apple

Which title should I start with? Thanks,Huck

oskar

I have never even heard of the guy so I took Fantastic Negrito for a spin.
I quite like it. Makes me want to hear more of it. Thanks for the recco.

oskar

As for Fiona Apple I suggest you start with TIDAL.
25 years old and she was only 18!