Picture Of The Day

SET Man

Re: Picture Of The Day
« Reply #100 on: 4 Jul 2007, 12:23 am »
Hey!

I went to Central Park, NYC for a bike ride yesterday. I stop for some rest at the Shakespeare Garden and grabbed this shot of the bronze "Sundial" there in the garden.

I took this shot at 3PM local NY's time. On the sundial it indicate that it is 2 O'clock. So, it is one hours slow? No, because right now we here in the US actually on Daylight Saving Time!

I'm pretty amazed of how the sundial could be pretty darn accurate this time of year. :o

BTW... that is not my foot down there. :lol:

Take care,
Buddy :thumb:

Levi

« Reply #101 on: 4 Jul 2007, 01:07 am »
Nice find Buddy.  Sundial measures "sun time" as opposed to "clock time".  What does it mean?

Read more here for an indept explanation

SET Man

« Reply #102 on: 4 Jul 2007, 04:17 pm »
Hey!

Let's start the 4th of July off with picture of the Old Glory Here is from the Grand Central Terminal in NYC. :D

Take care,

Imperial

• Love keeps us in the air, when we ought to fall.
« Reply #103 on: 4 Jul 2007, 10:13 pm »
Camera is working!
Fujifilm F31 FD:
4th of July Cruise in Lillestrøm , Norway. two hours ago!

It was raining ALL DAY! Blast! Hehe, but loads of cool cars!!  :thumb:
Imperial

bprice2

« Reply #104 on: 6 Jul 2007, 01:12 am »

Lizard Love

Found these two going at it on my deck.
« Last Edit: 6 Jul 2007, 02:19 am by bprice2 »

Scott F.

« Reply #105 on: 6 Jul 2007, 02:17 am »
Heres a couple I took at the Michael Martin Murphy concert a week or two ago. As usual, I'm shooting in ambient light so you will get just a bit of action 'blurring'. I'm still getting used to the new 30D.

This one I had to PS pretty heavy to get the colors close to 'natural'. The stage lights they use at the venue are really heavy to the yellow side of the spectrum. Most of the color shots I do there end up pretty harsh even after PS'ing them.

I think I like the B&W one better.

Fantastic concert BTW. MMM's voice is still as pure as it was back in the 70's.

Imperial

« Reply #106 on: 6 Jul 2007, 07:41 am »
Night sky, taken just before midnight.

Imperial

SET Man

« Reply #107 on: 6 Jul 2007, 04:50 pm »

Lizard Love

Found these two going at it on my deck.

Hey!

Nice one bprice2! I like it :lol: They sure know how to enjoy the Summer day. :D

Take care,

PhilNYC

« Reply #108 on: 7 Jul 2007, 12:08 am »
We just had a 5 minute hail-storm come thru my neighborhood.  Here's a picture taken from my driveway of the cloud as it drifted away...

Imperial

« Reply #109 on: 10 Jul 2007, 09:25 pm »

Hehehe... Yup and the owner of the car was a motorcycle club member, looking just as bad... :icon_twisted:
This I noticed after I had snapped the shot... :o

Imperial

jcrane

« Reply #110 on: 12 Jul 2007, 11:24 pm »
WOW
Missed this thread/forum completely.
Scott-
Didn't know you got a 30D, great camera. What lens/lenses are you shooting with?
Here is a couple from last summer/fall. One is Steve Jackson of the Rams during training camp and the other is of the Alton High School (Alton IL) Quarterback scoring on the option. I converted this one to B/W and didn't remove any of the noises to give it an old time newspaper feel. Local paper wanted to run the photo but didn't want to pay me.

This is one is in response to the lizard love, how did the Eagle get off the endangered list? Eagle Love!

Jamie

bprice2

« Reply #111 on: 12 Jul 2007, 11:29 pm »
This is one is in response to the lizard love, how did the Eagle get off the endangered list? Eagle Love!

Man, I wish I'd seen that on my back deck!

Scott F.

« Reply #112 on: 13 Jul 2007, 01:50 am »
Hiya Jamie  :D

Great pics, especially the QB option. That sounds pretty typical for a newspaper. Unless you are on staff or one of their roving regulars, you can just about hang it up when it comes to getting paid.

Hey, don't know if I told you but I got one published in Vintage Guitar Magazine a few months ago. It was a pic of Eric Clapton I shot when he did the first Crossroads Guitar Festival. They used it as a backdrop transparency for the Clapton & JJ Cale album Road to Escondido. Kinda cool actually  :green:

Yep, I decided that my old Sony just wasn't getting the job done anymore so I took the plunge and invested in a good camera. I almost bought the 20D (mainly because of the price difference) but decided to go for the better camera and lens. I'm just shooting the stock 28-135mm that comes with it. It's a nice piece of glass that isn't too slow. I've got a few other lenses that I'll occasionally shoot that are left over from my EOS 650 days. They seem to do a fine job as long as the shot is quick enough. They are a bit quirky too on AF (when I zoom too tight) but if I switch to MF, all is well. One of these days I'll start picking up some more glass for it.

Heres a night pic I shot last weekend at our local car show. This is one of the few I used a flash on.

Heres the link to the rest of my shots from that evening (most were in ambient light)
Pacific Days Car Show

....oh, I love the 30D BTW  :thumb:

arthurs

« Reply #113 on: 13 Jul 2007, 07:20 pm »
A buddy of mine took this last night...it's picture of the day to me because it's in my room!   :thumb:

nathanm

« Reply #114 on: 13 Jul 2007, 08:29 pm »
Nice faceplate! aa  It looks like an aquarium for tubes!

kyyuan

« Reply #115 on: 13 Jul 2007, 08:40 pm »
A buddy of mine took this last night...it's picture of the day to me because it's in my room!   :thumb:

It sure is purdy.....

Figo

« Reply #116 on: 13 Jul 2007, 08:48 pm »

Vapor Audio

• Industry Participant
  • Building Audio Bling since 2007
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #117 on: 13 Jul 2007, 09:00 pm »
I guess I'll get in on the action, since the other STL shooters are trying to hog the attention :)

jcrane

« Reply #118 on: 15 Jul 2007, 02:21 am »
This one was taken after the Superbowl this year, to me it just defines "defeat".

Jamie

Scott F.

« Reply #119 on: 15 Jul 2007, 03:40 am »
Heres a couple I took today. The Mimosa trees in my back yard have come into bloom.

.....thats my small barn in the background...

Anybody every tried to photograph a flying insect (on the move)? You wouldn't believe how many pics I took just to get two so-so shots  :?