AVA Kits

Teknofossil58

AVA Kits
« on: 21 Feb 2022, 04:17 pm »
Hello. I looked at AVA's website and I no longer see any mention ot their kit products / support. What I have here is a donated SP4iRB unit I was told was built as a kit. This was built as a line stage only project. I would like to complete the phono section of the PC board so it may be used in one of my systems (Many of my home's rooms are being fitted out with good vintage audio systems..... no Alexa / Bose / Best Buy sound bars here). My SP4iRB I'd say just about qualifies as vintage. Anyway, could anyone provide me with a parts list/stuffing guide? I do not want to pester Mr Frank for old info about past products. He has a business to run.

Thx,
             T

avahifi

• Facilitator
    • http://www.avahifi.com
Re: AVA Kits
« Reply #1 on: 22 Feb 2022, 02:34 pm »
Please just email me at:  frank@avahifi.com for my fastest response to your questions.

I do not look at this site every single day and I cannot send you links directly from here.

I do have a .pdf file of the complete SP-4i preamp build kit (with phono) and the board stuffing guide for the line level RB version only. You will need to carefully look at both because there are likely power supply parts differences between the two due to the increased current draw when two more vacuum are added for the phono version.  I have not looked at these for ages.

Anyway, I will email you what you need when you supply me with your email address.

Frank