Personal update, with a heavy heart

Vapor Audio

• Industry Participant
  • Building Audio Bling since 2007
    • Vapor Audio
Re: Personal update, with a heavy heart
« Reply #40 on: 8 Jan 2014, 05:46 pm »
Again, everybody thank you for the kind words.  It means a lot!  All this positive energy might not help, but it sure can't hurt.

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #41 on: 8 Jan 2014, 06:10 pm »
I've got some positive energy for ya.   :wink:

Vapor Audio

• Industry Participant
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #42 on: 8 Jan 2014, 06:25 pm »
I've got some positive energy for ya.   :wink:

I'm not even sure what that means  :?

... oh, and to make things even more fun around here.  Woke up this morning to find a 52 degree house, the heat pump on our main floor died!  Fortunately the sub-zero temps are over for a few days.

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
« Reply #43 on: 8 Jan 2014, 06:34 pm »
Just a little harmless innuendo buddy, no harm intended. 

soundbitten1

« Reply #44 on: 8 Jan 2014, 07:26 pm »
One time our cat disappeared and we thought she snuck out and jumped into the back of a delivery truck while the delivery men were bringing in a mattress. We looked all over for her inside and outside for hours. We called the delivery men at home and the furniture store but they no one saw the cat. We were heartbroken and ready to give up when all of a sudden she walked out of the back of our Lazy Boy recliner! Apparently the delivery men scared her and she went and hid in the recliner ... for hours!
Another time my wife's friend cat came up missing, they scoured the neighborhood and put up missing cat posters. Finally after a WEEK they found the cat in an upstairs closet! The door had been shut and she couldn't get out.

FogAudio

« Reply #45 on: 9 Jan 2014, 05:53 am »
Hey Ryan,

This reminds me of a touching story I've read recently to my 4 (almost 5) year old called The Christmas Day Kitten by James Herriot. If you have youngish kids you might check if you can find a copy at your local library. For animal lovers in general I would recommend any James Herriot stories especially All Things Bright and Beautiful and All Creatures Great and Small. His touching stories are a wonderful catharsis to feeling down about a lost pet.

Best Regards,
Ryan

jhm731

« Reply #46 on: 9 Jan 2014, 06:15 am »
"All Things Bright and Beautiful and All Creatures Great and Small"

"Cats in the United States destroy a median of 2.4 billion birds a year. Add to that death toll 2.3 billion mammals, many of them native creatures: chipmunks, rabbits and voles, reptiles and amphibians."

http://www.creators.com/liberal/froma-harrop/cats-vs-dingoes.html
« Last Edit: 9 Jan 2014, 09:16 am by jhm731 »

PMAT

« Reply #47 on: 9 Jan 2014, 07:29 am »
What the hell you moron! Are you socially retarded?

Guy 13

« Reply #48 on: 9 Jan 2014, 10:06 am »

"Cats in the United States destroy a median of 2.4 billion birds a year. Add to that death toll 2.3 billion mammals, many of them native creatures: chipmunks, rabbits and voles, reptiles and amphibians."

http://www.creators.com/liberal/froma-harrop/cats-vs-dingoes.html
Hi jhm731 and all Audio Circle members.
I had a quick look at your link and that's nothing to comfort someone
that have just lost a pet that was a big part of his life.
May I recommend that you delete your post.
Please !

Guy 13

worldcat

« Reply #49 on: 9 Jan 2014, 01:56 pm »
I have a cat that i love just like you do. Keep up the faith and pray and trust God that he will come back.  My cousins cat went missing for a month than showed back up.  It can happen and has happened many times.

playntheblues

• D-Sonic, Mola Mola TamBagui, Tekton DISE
« Reply #50 on: 9 Jan 2014, 02:17 pm »
Ryan, just reading this now.  We have had our little doggie now for 10 years (lost the last one at 15) and they are / were definitely little furry humans   :oops:  We are all with you in spirit, hang in there it will get better, but may never completely go away.  Good news is your little buddy now has wings  :angel:
Warm regards,
Guy

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #51 on: 9 Jan 2014, 02:45 pm »

I'm anything but PC, but you must have attended the Westboro Baptist Church school of diplomacy.  :nono: :slap:

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
« Reply #52 on: 9 Jan 2014, 02:57 pm »
I'm anything but PC, but you must have attended the Westboro Baptist Church school of diplomacy.  :nono: :slap:
:lol: Indeed.
You may not be PC, but you certainly worded it more politely than I would have.
His was a real douchebag post if I've ever seen one.  :roll:

AJinFLA

• Industry Participant
  • Soundfield Audio Loudspeakers
    • Soundfield Audio
« Reply #53 on: 9 Jan 2014, 05:06 pm »
My condolences Ryan. I'm now a "cat guy" myself, so I most certainly empathize.

cheers

John151

« Reply #54 on: 9 Jan 2014, 05:59 pm »

Where is the like button? 

RDavidson

« Reply #55 on: 9 Jan 2014, 06:09 pm »

Really, jhm731? Really? :duh:
So you don't like cats. This is not the time or place to let everyone know.
This isn't about you. It is about a good AC member grieving the loss of a member of his family.

sharpsuxx

• "I guess live music is a healthy addiction." CT
« Reply #56 on: 9 Jan 2014, 06:12 pm »
Sorry to hear about Churchy buddy.  Hope all is well, he'll come back or he won't it is out of your hands, give it to god and have faith.  Let me know when you are feeling up to it and I'll bring by some beers in memorial, not to his death but to his great life, if he's still around he will be back. 

Vapor Audio

• Industry Participant
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #57 on: 9 Jan 2014, 06:13 pm »

Ha, that's funny!

Churchill wasn't much of a predator, he wasn't interested in eating anything he catches ... just playing with it.  But one time he brought how a few baby Cardinals.  He didn't just bring home the birds and drop them at the back door, he brought the entire nest with the birds still in it!  I have no idea how he even did that, but he sure was proud of himself  :)

JoshK

« Reply #58 on: 9 Jan 2014, 09:21 pm »
Ha, that's funny!

Churchill wasn't much of a predator, he wasn't interested in eating anything he catches ... just playing with it.  But one time he brought how a few baby Cardinals.  He didn't just bring home the birds and drop them at the back door, he brought the entire nest with the birds still in it!  I have no idea how he even did that, but he sure was proud of himself  :)

He was probably expecting you to rescue them too.

Nick B

« Reply #59 on: 9 Jan 2014, 11:24 pm »
Churchill, like his namesake, seems quite the diplomat. I've had pets for years, but until I married and followed my wife's example, I never appreciated how much they could do for me...until I showed them the love and caring they needed. When I get a bit sad about losing my all-time favorite Montana..a Rhodesian Ridgeback, I just think about all the joy he gave me over 11 years. Here's hoping and praying that somehow Churchill is still around and makes it home.