Blue Circle BC86mkIII Noise Hounds

witchdoctor

« Reply #20 on: 1 Sep 2003, 05:06 am »
Robin, do you think the Stillpoints ERS would make a difference if I lined the inside of my HTPC with it?
Thanks

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #21 on: 1 Sep 2003, 05:35 am »
Quote from: witchdoctor
Robin, do you think the Stillpoints ERS would make a difference if I lined the inside of my HTPC with it?
Thanks
                     No doubt about it Doc! I lined my BPT BP2.5 and it`s my understanding that BPT is doing just that on his new BP3.5. Power conditioners & digital components are the best place to utilize ERS. That`s why I lined the inside casing of my Sunfire TG3. I had excellent improvements in both my Yamaha digital receiver & C-band satleite receiver, both of which I lined. I did wait a month before committing myself tho. I contantly went back and forth sliding a sheet under each component until I was satisfied that the improvements were worthwhile without side effects. Regards, Robin

witchdoctor

« Reply #22 on: 1 Sep 2003, 12:32 pm »
Do you have to wrap inside or will outside work too?

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #23 on: 1 Sep 2003, 05:09 pm »
It`s gonna look like sh*t on the outside don`t ya think? The adhevise backing on ERS is such that it`s there to stay once applied do it`s conductivity isn`t a concern. Hell, you shoulda seen all the strips I applied to my Yamaha not so to cover the ventilation slots. There shouldn`t be any slots in your Monster 7000 so applying a sheet or 2 should be easy. It took 2 sheets to cover my BP2.5. There are 2 sources that I know of for ERS, Cyrotweaks & Audio-Buff. There might be an availabilty problem so you should ask! Regards, Robin

witchdoctor

« Reply #24 on: 6 Sep 2003, 06:33 pm »
I added a third Noise Hound today. Two are plugged into the Monster HTPS 7000 PLC for my components and front channel amps. This one went next to the outlet where my rear PLC is plugged for my rear channel amps and projector. About a 10% improvement for audio but WOW , the colors on my video are much more vivid!

Jay S

« Reply #25 on: 30 Sep 2003, 12:45 pm »
I just tried removing the Noisehound plugged into my balanced power supply.  Big difference -- soundstage shrank, music seemed less loud, powerful and dynamic.  Noisefloor seemed to get a bit higher.  Needless to say, we plugged the Noisehound back in after a few minutes!

byteme

« Reply #26 on: 30 Sep 2003, 02:25 pm »
I posted about 6 months or so ago wondering if these things worked or not.  It appears they do.  I've got a small amount of hum coming from someplace in my system that you can only hear when it's absolutely quiet during a movie, or music passage.  You think these would help with that?

I'm already running two Oneac isolation transformers, one for digital, one for analog (amps directly into the wall) as well as a PS Audio Ultimate Outlet high current.

Anyone know a better place to get them from?  I'm kinda allergic to retail, but everyone I've found selling them is at $110 for one, $200 for two, shipping included.

Thanks!