Custom bubinga HT2-TL on a'gon - Local pickup in Houston - $3100.00

Rocket

Hi,

I currently have a pair of Salk sound ht2's that are non tl.  I imported them into Australia in 2008 and they are a very nice speaker.  Upgraditis always gets me in the end and I was thinking about upgrading to a pair of ht3's.  But would there be any improvement in sound quality apart from deeper bass response?

Mind you the non tl ht2's already have very good bass response imo.

thanks

Rod

Sonix

Hi,

I currently have a pair of Salk sound ht2's that are non tl.  I imported them into Australia in 2008 and they are a very nice speaker.  Upgraditis always gets me in the end and I was thinking about upgrading to a pair of ht3's.  But would there be any improvement in sound quality apart from deeper bass response?

Mind you the non tl ht2's already have very good bass response imo.

thanks

Rod

Hello again Rod,

I just read a detailed review on the HT3 on another board here:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showpost.php?p=13397626&postcount=351

This person's impressions are really causing me to consider getting the HTs over the HT2-TLs,
especially for 2ch music without the need for a sub.

I especially like the part about the whole body chills and goosebumps...the GBR value is high!
(Goose Bump Reserves). :drool:

Perhaps you can compare his listening selections to what you are hearing with your HT2s.

Regards,
Ken

audiotom

• Ground control to Major Tom
    • for everything music
Ken

Mine were bought on audiogon of all places when the buzz was barely starting - I pulled the plug without hearing any, glad I did

the first owner loved the speakers - lost his job (he is doing fine now)
two months later the second owner had very bright equipment and thought the speakers were to blame

mine have the rare and first time completed full solid wood front,
extra piano finish,etc
(see the august 2006 veracity #3 on Jim's website for all the extras)

Big Red Machine also had a pair of the solid front burbinga HT3's not sure if Jim has done any more solid front orders but they are really well done

a new pair of HT3's - with standard front and burbinga shouldn't be that much
over base price, but well worth it as you will be holding on to these forever. nothing touches their price point for sound in audio land
JM LAbs Utopias seemed less open and resolving, Wilson watt puppy's not even close

for pricing and options
start with an email, talk to JIm
jim@salksound.com

these are fabulous speakers and that finish is otherworldly

cheers and feel free to p.m.
that said it's 60 today and sunny in New Orleans so I am out of here

Tom

polarbare

real nice deal polar if they are still available
I tried to get my friend in Houston interested 

to add to the "another drooling burbinga shot"
see my audiogon system page

here are my burbinga HT3's  - just stellar - one of Jim's magnifico works
I've made a few equipment changes since the photos

http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?vevol&994629402&view

proud Veracity of the month club August #3  2006

loyal member since March 2007

Unfortunately (for me), he decided to keep them after not finding a local buyer. I have a set of HT2-TL's (plus the remainder of a home theater setup) on order, and I had another use for these, but it wasn't critical that I get them. You snooze, you loose I guess  :green:

Rocket

Hi Ken,

Thank you for the link.

Perhaps in the future I will upgrade my speakers to ht3 or ht4.

Regards

Rod

Big Red Machine

I especially like the part about the whole body chills and goosebumps...the GBR value is high!

Goosebumps really kick in with the HT4. :thumb:

funkmonkey

Hello again Rod,

I just read a detailed review on the HT3 on another board here:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showpost.php?p=13397626&postcount=351

This person's impressions are really causing me to consider getting the HTs over the HT2-TLs,
especially for 2ch music without the need for a sub.

Perhaps you can compare his listening selections to what you are hearing with your HT2s.

Regards,
Ken

Hi Ken, I wrote the review you linked to and currently own a pair of HT3s.  They really are fantastic.  But, I will say this:  When I placed my order the HT2-TL were not available, if they gad been, I might have ordered them instead and saved a bit of money.  Someone posted "in room" measurements of the HT2-TL down into the 20's (which is more than sufficient for nearly all music aside from pipe organ).  I would really like to see a comparison of in room (same room) measurements for the HT2-TL & HT3.  At first I thought that I might want a sub for movies, but I don't.  The two models share the same mid-woofer(s) so I would guess that their mid range presence is very close.  If you can, try to audition them before you buy...  with the right music I would bet they are both capable of high GBR  :wink:

Either way you can't go wrong.
Cheers, and good luck.
-Greg