NX Studio Monitor Flat Packs

Captainhemo

NX Studio Monitor Flat Packs
« on: 27 Jul 2020, 07:13 pm »
Ok,  we finally  cut the initial  run of these  ( 8 pairs remaining as I type this).   We'll cut more if  there is interest.  These came out really nice.. Rabbets for all outer panel joints,  dados for  internal bracing/divider  and a full rabbet around the top for the included grill frame.  Driver mounting screw pilot holes pre-drilled,   .5"   vertical  roundover on  front baffle edges and a nice  radius on rear  side of woofer cutout.A .125"  pilot hole  is pre-drilled in the grill frame for easy istallation of a small cabinet knob  if desired.

Baffles with waveguides and backside operations take considerable  time to cut, they are cut from   solid 1.5" MDF , same material as our  sub kits use.  Not  your typical box store  MDF
Remaining outer panels are  .75"  Medex  and  internal bracing/dividers and grill frame are .5" Medex. 

Price    is  $379/pair +  shjipping  (50lb 21x21x11"  box).    Shipping  is a flat  $70  anywhere in US/Canada

These will be sold in order   I receive emails  captainhemo@shaw.ca.     
NOTE,  you  need to  email me at the above address to confirm a pair

We sent  a pair off to Peter so he could do an assembly video to help    with  kit assembly.  Here is the link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYrdScf9eyM&feature=youtu.be
jay :beer:
« Last Edit: 16 Nov 2022, 05:51 pm by Captainhemo »

2bigears

Re: Studio Monitor Flat Packs
« Reply #1 on: 27 Jul 2020, 07:32 pm »
 :D those look dandy. Well done. Does Danny have all the parts ??  :D

mikeeastman

« Reply #2 on: 27 Jul 2020, 07:36 pm »
Danny has all the parts, I just ordered a set.

Captainhemo

« Reply #3 on: 27 Jul 2020, 07:39 pm »
I'll try and get some additonal pics  later  today....  some of the individual parts

jay

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
« Reply #4 on: 27 Jul 2020, 07:41 pm »
Just shot you an email!
This will probably be a slow build for me over the next few months while I save up to aquire the necessary tools and kit, but i definitely want to get these done up extra nice.  :thumb:
(I should be able to convert the spare bedroom into an office by the end of next month, so they will be going in there)

hawkeyejw

« Reply #5 on: 27 Jul 2020, 08:22 pm »
Man those look niiiiiice.

AlexH

« Reply #6 on: 27 Jul 2020, 09:44 pm »
Awesome Jay. Those look great.

Captainhemo

« Reply #7 on: 27 Jul 2020, 10:43 pm »
Yeah,  it's  a really  nice kit, should make it  really  easy for guys to get these built.  Niticed I missed one  little  thing...I should have added  a little   3/16"  hole in  flat/stubby divider for tweeter  wire pass through... you guys  will  need to pop  one in  when youi  build them  out.  I'll add that  to next  run.
Down to 4 pairs left  already !

And,  Peter is going to do another  assembly  video for us so that will be really helpful  for guys  wanting/needing   some  guidence .

jay

AKLegal

« Reply #8 on: 27 Jul 2020, 10:46 pm »
I have the Super 7's. 
But I want these.
I have a problem

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #9 on: 27 Jul 2020, 10:48 pm »
I have the Super 7's. 
But I want these.
I have a problem

I have the Super 7s, the GR Research hotrodded Klipsch Forte IIIs and I ALSO want the Studio Monitors.  Seems you and I share the same problem.... :lol:

Captainhemo

« Reply #10 on: 27 Jul 2020, 10:54 pm »
Guys,   it's   not  a  rare  issue  :LOL:

jay

charmerci

« Reply #11 on: 27 Jul 2020, 10:57 pm »
I have the Super 7's. 
But I want these.
I have a problem

Huh? These aren't that big!

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
« Reply #12 on: 27 Jul 2020, 11:04 pm »
I have the Super 7s, the GR Research hotrodded Klipsch Forte IIIs and I ALSO want the Studio Monitors.  Seems you and I share the same problem.... :lol:

I *just* built a pair of XLS Encores, & I'm definitely getting a pair, so ditto... :P

mikeeastman

« Reply #13 on: 27 Jul 2020, 11:12 pm »
I solved my problem by planing on replacing the N2Xs in my bedroom with the studio Monitors and moving N2Xs into wife kitchen system. Problem solved and points with the wife.  :icon_lol:

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
« Reply #14 on: 27 Jul 2020, 11:40 pm »

Let’s see, I have the N1Xs, N3s, A/V-1RSs, LGK 1.0s, Skinny 6s & Flat 5 (not finished yet), Wedgies, NX-Otica MTMs/dual H-frames, X-Omnis, a sandbox sub, and a Studio Monitor in progress. I’ve had the X-LS & X-CS Encores but I gave them to my step-son when I built the Wedgies. I wonder if I need some more  :scratch:

mikeeastman

« Reply #15 on: 27 Jul 2020, 11:42 pm »
OK Mike you win. You have the biggest problem.  :lol:

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
« Reply #16 on: 27 Jul 2020, 11:58 pm »
OK Mike you win. You have the biggest problem.  :lol:
Can you really have too much of a good thing tho?

Peter J

• Hmmmm
« Reply #17 on: 28 Jul 2020, 12:10 am »
Let’s see, I have the N1Xs, N3s, A/V-1RSs, LGK 1.0s, Skinny 6s & Flat 5 (not finished yet), Wedgies, NX-Otica MTMs/dual H-frames, X-Omnis, a sandbox sub, and a Studio Monitor in progress. I’ve had the X-LS & X-CS Encores but I gave them to my step-son when I built the Wedgies. I wonder if I need some more  :scratch:

Come clean, Mike. I know you have more!

mkrawcz

« Reply #18 on: 28 Jul 2020, 12:17 am »

Jeez, I thought I was bad.   :lol:

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
« Reply #19 on: 28 Jul 2020, 12:26 am »
Come clean, Mike. I know you have more!

Well, there is the pair of X-MTM Encores I gave my neice, and another pair I gave my nephew, and the LCR triplet of X-CS Encores I gave my step-daughter, and the X-LS Encores that Ron has. The rest I’ve built for other people so they don’t really count.....  :dunno: