Bryston now has a BIT

R. Daneel

Re: Bryston now has a BIT
« Reply #300 on: 2 Apr 2018, 11:54 am »
Hi Antun

1. I believe it is the BIT 4 (amp)
2. I would say the BIT 8 would be the better option
3. Yes
4. The prices would be set by the distributor.

james

Thanks James!

Are these available with silver and black dress panels, 17'' and 19''?

I will contact the distributor and ask about the prices.

Cheers!
Antun

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #301 on: 2 Apr 2018, 11:59 am »
I think just Silver but check with the distributor.

james

R. Daneel

« Reply #302 on: 2 Apr 2018, 12:01 pm »
I think just Silver but check with the distributor.

james

Okay, thanks!

TJ-Sully

« Reply #303 on: 19 Apr 2018, 01:09 am »
hi james

on my BIT-20, i just noticed some of the outlets on the back of the unit have green dots beside them.

what do these represent?  :scratch:

thanks, TJ

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #304 on: 19 Apr 2018, 07:11 am »
hi james

on my BIT-20, i just noticed some of the outlets on the back of the unit have green dots beside them.

what do these represent?  :scratch:

thanks, TJ

Hi TJ,

I asked for Red but they keep giving me Green  :duh:

james

PS - I have no idea but I will find out.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #305 on: 19 Apr 2018, 11:20 am »
Hi James,

The outlets used on the BIT 20 are Hubbell hospital grade outlets.  There is one green dot on each duplex outlet to recognize that the outlets have been tested and meet the hospital grade standards.  This green dot is a nationally recognized symbol in Canada and USA.

Please let us know if there are any additional questions.

Thanks,

Kevin

TJ-Sully

« Reply #306 on: 19 Apr 2018, 10:40 pm »
Who knew! Thanks for getting an answer JT.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #307 on: 14 May 2019, 11:10 am »
Hello Mr. Tanner,

I have a Bryston 14 sst2 amp and 2 Dayton 1000 sub amps, plus the usual preamp and digital media devices. I am installing a dedicated 20 amp line for audio. Do you recommend a Torus/Bryston BIT for conditioning or a SurgeX for surge suppression and filtration or will these limit the dynamics of the amplifier? i live in a rural area prone to bad weather and occasional brown outs and have a whole house generator for times when I lose power.

Thanks.
JIM

Hello Jim,

Great question and one of the reasons we decided to offer the BIT (Bryston Isolation Transformer).

The 20 amp dedicated line is definitely the way to go so that's an excellent choice.

The concern we had with the power line conditioners we saw in the market was they were restricting dynamics as you mentioned and we found that was because the isolation transformers being used were much too small for the amperage require. So the 20 amp isolation transformer in the BIT is designed for 40 amps and as a result does not impede the transient response of the music.

The BIT also allows for a very low output impedance on the power being delivered to the amplifier which in turn allows for better transient response for the amplifier.

Lastly the BIT is a true Isolation transformer - not just a filter - and your gear is actually working off the magnetic field between the primary and secondary sections of the transformer.  So the input side of the system is never seen by the output side.  Its like having your own in house power grid. Also the SurgeX is built into the BIT as well.

Sonically Jim I think you will notice a much better transient response in your system and a much more extended sound-stage in both depth and width as well as a dead quiet background.

Hope this helps.

james

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #308 on: 14 Nov 2019, 01:16 pm »

MEMO: To All Bryston Customers
SUBJECT: Bryston BIT Isolation Transformer/Power Conditioner

November 2019

James,

“It’s hard to explain to people how much noise is imposing on the system until it is gone.

I have had the Bryston BIT20 isolation transformer  in operation for a while now, and it has done exactly what I had hoped it would do.

I am now able to connect the two separate audio and video systems, fed off of separate circuits, and there is no hum whatsoever.

Even more than that, though, I now have the lowest noise floor I have ever obtained in 26 years of living in our current home.

All the myriad of little buzzes and hums have simply vanished. This is bliss, and what I had hoped to get from utilizing an isolation transformer.

What I had not expected, however, were the other gains I have experienced. As others have commented before, it is as if the entire system has become supercharged. Dynamics and bass response have been freed, and it is all too easy to play song after song long after I really should have gone to sleep! Remarkable.

I can’t think of any system that wouldn’t be improved by your Bryson BIT devices, which also play well with other solutions.

I can’t thank you enough, and kudos are due all around!”

Best,
Rich

G E

« Reply #309 on: 17 Apr 2020, 03:19 pm »
I just purchased a Torus TOT Mini and it should be here next Wed.  I realize it's not a BIT in name but certainly in deed.

I want to give a shout out to Ross at Torus who was very helpful with my questions.  This is for my front end equipment and I wanted to be sure I properly sized capacity.  he asked for a list of the equipment and got back to me with the expected load and assured me I was well within spec.  Outstanding pre-sales service!

The TOT Mini even has a 5.1v USB output that will be used to power my Schiit Modi 3 DAC that is used with my AppleTV.  My TV is actually just a monitor, no tuner or audio circuits and no connection to cable or external tuner so I needed something.  It will be nice to get rid of the piece of Schiit wall wart - it puts an unbelievable amount of hash on the line.  Perhaps there is a Bryston DAC 3 in my future.  But this works for now.

And I'm still expecting to add a BIT 20 for my 28's.  Since they already have the Plitron transformers I wanted to clean up the source component power first.  I have a dedicated 20 amp line so that is good.