Mandibles (2020) - Two guys and a giant fly in a rollicking French comedy

WGH

I have been waiting the "Mandibles" to be released since October 2020 where it first premiered at the Nightstream Film Festival. The story is about two simple-minded friends who find a giant fly in the trunk of a stolen car and set themselves up to train it to earn money with it. They never contemplate the mysteries of a giant fly, they accept it as a fact and a their new pet. Mandibles is a heist film, goofy, improbable, doesn't go where you expect and laugh out loud funny.

Mandibles is best watched in a theater, the people who show for this film up are the elite cinephiles who somehow found out about this obscure French comedy. There were only 12 people in the theater Saturday evening but there was laughter all around us and everyone had a good time. I'm spreading the word - go see it! Mandibles is also available on Apple TV, Vudu, Amazon Prime, and Google Play Movies and TV.

Don't be clueless like our two heros

After the movie at the Loft Cinema, Alice and I shared some tasty IPA's at Tap and Bottle Downtown, then walked down historic 4th Avenue for tacos at Boca Tacos y Tequila. Chef Maria Mazon was on Season 18 of "Top Chef", won the "Restaurant Wars" in Episode 8 and ultimately finished 5th in the season. Boca Tacos serves the most creative salsas in Tucson along with the most amazing tacos you will ever eat. Not to be missed on your next Tucson visit.

Mandibles has a 93% rating on RT
https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/mandibles

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

guf

Thanks for the suggestion! I LOVED IT.

jriggy

English dub or subtitles??

WGH

English dub or subtitles??

Subtitles at the theater.