10audios review of Ref 9 SE V2
« on: 6 May 2009, 02:49 pm »
Jason, Casey do you have any idea of why such a negative
Review was given by 10 audio.

beachbum

• Vinyl Delivers all of the Music
Re: 10audios review of Ref 9 SE V2
« Reply #1 on: 7 May 2009, 02:59 am »
Just to add by having contact with Jerry at 10audio he gave me this hes received replies from Nuforce ref 9 users and 90 percent feel that something had to be wrong with the audition, i was one of them. But his rule is if just one agrees with his findings the review stands. Though he would take a re review into consideration he also said he was in contact with Nuforce and was waiting for a reply.
Mike

EricR

« Reply #2 on: 7 May 2009, 03:37 am »
I read the review and considering my experience with Nuforce gear, this 10audios guy most likely has got source issues that he is in deep denial over. Being a one time Naim fanatic, seeking audio nirvana, I now stand behind Nuforce V2 as an absolutely accurate  neutral hifi amongst the current field of players. No reason to worry about one bunk review, but if Nuforce can develop a 2 channel source that highlights all the virtues of their amps with cables to boot, this kind of review will be overwhelmed with positive feedback. We will get there.

Best,

Eric :thumb:

GregC

« Reply #3 on: 7 May 2009, 05:01 am »
I personally know Jerry and I have heard his system before and he has top-notch equipment.  He says it the way he hears it.  I do not want to make comment since this is Nuforce's Circle; however, everyone has their own opinion and is entitled to express it even if it differs from your own.

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
« Reply #4 on: 7 May 2009, 01:50 pm »
Normally we worked with reviewers by offering audition equipment. But it is not possible for us to response to every reviewer (or anyone who try to be one :)) and who knows, someone might be pretty pissed off when he gets turned down for review.
I have no idea where he gets the amps and would not care to response. Obviously he didn't pay much attention to breakin or tuning his system. He tried to get us to publish his review on our website but we refused (not because it was negative and we have our fair share of that over the years), but because it was not authorized. Do we have to publish anyone who post something about their personal opinion?  :nono:
There are many raving reviews of Nuforce amp on many forums over the years, do we publish them too? No.

So one might ask how do we decide who is qualified for review?
1. Professional and for profit magazines (printed and online).  We don't always get what we want and reviewers are pretty honest about it.
2. Non profit magazine (TNT for example) with high traffic.

Jason

mcullinan

« Reply #5 on: 7 May 2009, 02:37 pm »
Its a strange review... nothing that I have experienced owning the sev2s Perhaps it was break in time or something in the chain. We all know that whatever upstream components are used they have a great effect on the sound coming out of the speakers. One of the greatest strengths of the amps are their dynamics both large and small, and the inner detail and texture that is heavenly! And its that kind of subtlety that wins my heart. Perhaps I am a robot. hehe.

Variables, Variables!
Mike

beachbum

• Vinyl Delivers all of the Music
« Reply #6 on: 8 May 2009, 11:51 am »
Jason i understand Nuforces stance when it comes to reviewers. I believe that is the best angle. Anyone can call himself a reviewer start a web site and write it as he hears it. But as we all know there a all kinds of variables. And when it comes to our favorite gear it most likely will always get a favorable word. All i ask is for Nuforce to keep the great gear coming you have my ear.

mcullinan your quote "One of the greatest strengths of the amps are their dynamics both large and small, and the inner detail and texture that is heavenly!" this says it all for me also.

Its the weekend and that means long music sessions yea rock and roll
Mike

Kenobi

« Reply #7 on: 20 May 2009, 09:59 pm »
Hi,

I posted a response to the review inquiring about break-in and any attempt to optimize the set up for the amps--i.e. not mate them with bright equipments/cablings, etc...

Ironically, what he's describing sounds like my Nuforce when I simply plugged the thing in originally w/o first realizing that my system was first geared for maximum detail and speed from a prior slow and sluggish sounding amp.  Speed and detail are not attributes the Nuforce need help on at all but the exact opposite.  Not until I balanced its attributes with warmer or more neutral equipments, cablings, vibration control do I get real music out of my set up. 

So, in a sense, its not plug-n-play if the system doesn't synergize with the Nuforce amp.  If you put some time and effort into it, you'll be rewarded and hear music like never before.  If not, you get what you get.  Just don't put the blame on the amp and look elsewhere.

Kenobi

EricR

« Reply #8 on: 22 May 2009, 04:48 am »
For 10audios, it seems likely to be another case of sh!t in-sh!t out.

Any Nuforce owner with any doubts about Nuforce's neutrality, speed, dynamics, inner whatever needs to belly-up right now and invest in Black Noise filters. Like any amp, Nuforce amplifies garbage too, so clean up the source and be happy! It about ain't warm, cold, this or that -- just treat yourself to the naked truth and forget about your amps once and for all. Jeez Louise, Nuforce amps are an absolute steal for there price/performance ratio, but you need a low noise-floor source to really delight in them.

-E