WiFi, EMF & your health
« on: 14 Oct 2018, 01:32 pm »
see below

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
Re: WiFi, EMF & your health
« Reply #1 on: 14 Oct 2018, 01:34 pm »
I've been wondering about WIFI and how being around it all the time affects ones health. In my house, I have an eero system which has "pods" all around the house including bedrooms. I've submitted a feature request to be able to put each pod on a set schedule so they will be turned off for sleeping. The question becomes is how bad is it really? There are A LOT of devices that claim to decrease or get rid of it. What are you thoughts?

If you have an Eero and would like to vote for the feature please see here.

mav52

« Reply #2 on: 14 Oct 2018, 01:40 pm »
trying to avoid radio wave exposure is more or less impossible if you live in modern society.  I worry more about the exposure to the sun, pollution, cancer prevention, heart disease drunk drivers, hurricanes than I do my usage of a cell phone, or my wifi routers at home or walking into a store or shop that has free Wi-Fi everywhere. IF you think you going to avoid it, its almost impossible these days.

Speedskater

• Kevin
« Reply #3 on: 14 Oct 2018, 02:33 pm »
I think that 'mav52' nailed it.

Goosepond

• Virna!
« Reply #4 on: 14 Oct 2018, 03:18 pm »
I agree. Worrying about what is going to kill you will kill you a lot faster than all that stuff that's out to get you!  :thumb:

Gene

OzarkTom

« Reply #5 on: 14 Oct 2018, 03:56 pm »
5G is very dangerous, more like microwave radiation. The good news, 5G does not work well through trees or rainy weather. But that may change in the future, I hope not.

The firefighter organization has gotten a reprieve from 5G towers.

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #6 on: 14 Oct 2018, 04:46 pm »
Lifting an amp from your audio system is far worse for your health.

G.Michael

« Reply #7 on: 14 Oct 2018, 11:51 pm »
I've been wondering about WIFI and how being around it all the time affects ones health.

I've found it to be nasty stuff.  I have an electrosmog meter, nothing "laboratory grade", but it measures wi-fi and smart meter output, which are in the Ghz range.  As for the wi-fi, near the router the meter levels are in the unhealthy range.  (I don't know how those meter levels were determined, but I can feel the effects when I'm near the router.  Low-grade woosiness, difficulty concentrating.)  I turn off the router before bedtime--I sleep better that way.  And I keep it off when I'm home and my wife is not.  (She likes to have it on when she's home, so I just avoid hanging out near the router during those times.)   

No doubt that some people are more affected by electrosmog than are others.  A friend of mine gets sick around it.  There's no wi-fi at his workplace because, well, he owns the workplace.  (Good solution!) At his home, his house is well-networked, and there's little need for wi-fi.   

SteveFord

• Volunteer
  • The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.
« Reply #8 on: 15 Oct 2018, 01:00 am »
I suffer from low grade woosiness and lack of concentration but mostly when I'm at work.
I always thought it was from boredom and the ventilation system. 
I'll lodge a grievance stating electrosmog first thing tomorrow and see how that goes over.

Speedskater

• Kevin
« Reply #9 on: 15 Oct 2018, 02:27 pm »
I've found it to be nasty stuff.  I have an electrosmog meter, nothing "laboratory grade", but it measures wi-fi and smart meter output, which are in the Ghz range.  As for the wi-fi, near the router the meter levels are in the unhealthy range.  (I don't know how those meter levels were determined, ....................................... .........................
Those levels were determined by people that don't know the meaning of 'due diligence' .

Steve

« Reply #10 on: 18 Oct 2018, 04:14 am »
I've found it to be nasty stuff.  I have an electrosmog meter, nothing "laboratory grade", but it measures wi-fi and smart meter output, which are in the Ghz range.  As for the wi-fi, near the router the meter levels are in the unhealthy range.  (I don't know how those meter levels were determined, but I can feel the effects when I'm near the router.  Low-grade woosiness, difficulty concentrating.)  I turn off the router before bedtime--I sleep better that way.  And I keep it off when I'm home and my wife is not.  (She likes to have it on when she's home, so I just avoid hanging out near the router during those times.)   

No doubt that some people are more affected by electrosmog than are others.  A friend of mine gets sick around it.  There's no wi-fi at his workplace because, well, he owns the workplace.  (Good solution!) At his home, his house is well-networked, and there's little need for wi-fi.

I agree, RF, expecially in the Ghz range, is not good to one's health, from studies not subsidized by the communicaions industry.

Years ago, a top executive from Motorola, believed his brain cancer caused by RF, smuggled research documents from headquarters concluding a link existed.

Tests have concluded that RF from a cell phone penetrates the bone structure to the brain in children. Best to have the antenna  some inches away from skin.

Police had problems with testicular cancer due to the radar guns resting in the wrong spot. (No jokes now.) Residual RF oscillation was enough to cause problems.

cheers

steve