Windfall - Netflix

stlrman

Windfall - Netflix
« on: 4 Mar 2023, 03:37 pm »
“Windfall embodies a classic noir suspense story, fraught with some incredible character performances from Jesse Plemons, Lily Collins, and Jason Segel. Charlie McDowell brings together a gripping story that is not only brilliantly shot, but the score adds a whole other level to the apprehensive tone. It’s 90 minutes of teeth grinding, and microaggressions with an explosive twist at the end of it all. More films like this, please.”
   The Wife and I really enjoyed this !! Only 90 minutes, very suspenseful, incredible performances!!
It has horrible RT numbers .
I say watch it !! 8 out of 10 stars ⭐️

weatherman1

Re: Windfall - Netflix
« Reply #1 on: 5 Mar 2023, 06:17 am »
I will also recommend "Lou" with Allison Janney in a role and performance in a really intriguing story.  Dark, mysterious, gritty, full of twists and surprising physical violence.  Good story telling and doesn't waste your viewing time.

kd4ylq

• Esse Quam Videri
Re: Windfall - Netflix
« Reply #2 on: 5 Mar 2023, 02:15 pm »
Thanks for the movie tip! if you are a fan of Noir, you should really set up your recorder to watch every movie on TCM that is introduced by Eddie Muller of the "Noir Alley" program, they are just fantastic and frequently rarely seen anywhere. The program is on hiatus currently but will be back again in a month or so, late Saturday nights w/ reruns the next Sunday morning.