In 6 months this site has made my system infinitely better!!

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
I came here 6 months ago to learn and maybe get a few tips that might make my system sound better. So far...
 * = a game changing tip or advice

I'm sitting here listening to *Radiohead via my *Squeezebox Duet with my newly *crossed over(at 40) speakers-JBL- that I *bi-amped after *ditching my bose. My Duet is powered by a *linear power supply that opened up and dimensionalized my sound which feeds a *DAC that I never even knew existed until I came here. The *tube sound is something I myself have grown to love, and the fact that I can change it easily by *tube rolling to flavor the sound is awesome!! So I just wanted to Thank all you guys who have patiently given advice and *guidance!!  :thumb: :thumb:

Mariusz

Re: In 6 months this site has made my system infinitely better!!
« Reply #1 on: 30 May 2010, 04:09 pm »
The most important - you're having fun! :wink:
Keep on rocking! :rock:

:beer:

ajzepp

« Reply #2 on: 31 May 2010, 09:21 am »
Good stuff, eclein! I love my Duet and can't wait to get a DAC back in here to mate with it. Also a huge fan of Radiohead :)

If you really want to take things to the next level, head over to the acoustics forum and start looking into some room treatments!  :thumb:

K Shep

« Reply #3 on: 31 May 2010, 12:55 pm »
Good stuff, eclein! I love my Duet and can't wait to get a DAC back in here to mate with it. Also a huge fan of Radiohead :)

If you really want to take things to the next level, head over to the acoustics forum and start looking into some room treatments:thumb:

Great advice!

pardales

« Reply #4 on: 31 May 2010, 01:53 pm »
The most important - you're having fun! :wink:
Keep on rocking! :rock:

:beer:

Indeed, eclein. I've sensed your enthusiasm in some of the music threads you have started. AC was one of the best things that happened to me as an Audiophile.

eclein

• Volunteer
« Reply #5 on: 31 May 2010, 03:05 pm »
I do tend to get pumped up about good sound and good music!! :thumb:

Next thing I'm doing is auditioning some cables to see what kind of difference good cables/expensive cables make.
Two companies are sending me cables to try between my DAC and receiver so it should be a nice A-B comparison.
Then its on to room treatments!! :drool:
Ed L.

mcgsxr

« Reply #6 on: 31 May 2010, 04:05 pm »
Agree with the OP for sure - the changes that this website wrought on my own system are felt 5+ years later!

pardales

« Reply #7 on: 31 May 2010, 06:18 pm »
4 years later--my 1000th post.... :wave: :rock: :hyper: :banana piano:

The AC community  :notworthy: has saved me time, money, and really helped me to enjoy this hobby in a much more sane and constructive way....!!!!

« Last Edit: 31 May 2010, 08:48 pm by pardales »

Mariusz

« Reply #8 on: 31 May 2010, 10:15 pm »
It is difficult to say how much this community changed.... or for lock of a better words, influenced my choices?  :scratch:
Or, how much better my setup sounds?  :scratch: :scratch:

What I do know, is that communities like this one make our hobby a whole lot better experiance. :wink: 
The well of knowledge and positive attitude of our members is one of the examples and reasons why the past two years were the most enjoyable and fun period for me as a member and volunteer.  :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Cheers

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
Then its on to room treatments!! :drool:

That will be your biggest improvement by far....wait and see.... :wink:

Happy listening Ed.... :beer:

Mariusz

« Reply #10 on: 1 Jun 2010, 03:52 am »
You're right,
properly balanced & strategically placed room treatments
can have benefits like no other component.
My tinny problem tho, is how to integrate room treatments to my living room which is NOT my dedicated listening room or "man cave" down bellow?

Also, there is an issue of WAF, quite odd shape of the room and such.

(P.S - I've owned TacT digital "Room Correction System" years ago..... didn't do it for me)

But I guess that subject might be more appropriate for another thread & different circle.  :scratch:

Cheers   

JohnR

« Reply #11 on: 1 Jun 2010, 02:22 pm »
eclein - cool :thumb:

eclein

• Volunteer
« Reply #12 on: 1 Jun 2010, 05:31 pm »
You guys were right again!! I draped a comforter over my HDTV and used a couple CD racks I had as frames and hung blankets on them and placed in the corners for traps and the sonics are wonderful!!
Immediate and profound change that took like 5 minutes to cook up!! I'm in an apartment so stuff that can be removed easily is the ticket and free is even better....reminds me of treating our first practice room when I was a kid a long, long time ago. Off to the acoustics circle for awhile...Ed L. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: