Optical connect "door"

Tan Raymond

• Retired and coming back to music after 30 years
Optical connect "door"
« on: 10 Nov 2019, 09:32 am »
Hi all,
Was trying to connect the optical cable to my Dac10 but couldn't, found out the spring holding the door/flap down is sticking out, (see picture attached). The dac10 was inside the cabinet, could be my alignment was out as I couldn't see. But then, I've done it on many other components before :-(

Any one had any idea how to fix that??? The door/flap is important as it helps to align the cable. Read this in another forum but couldn't get the solution to my problem.

Any feedback appreciated and thanks in advance.

Raymond

sresener

Re: Optical connect "door"
« Reply #1 on: 16 Nov 2019, 06:57 am »
I always thought that door was to keep dust out.
Does the input still work?

Tan Raymond

« Reply #2 on: 16 Nov 2019, 07:34 am »
Hi,
The door/flap also acts as a "lock/guide" to keep the cable aligned. If it's missing any slight movement will cause loss of signal. Have seen pictures of people using plastic wedges to hold the cable connector in place, (seen in av forum).

rustydoglim

« Reply #3 on: 26 Nov 2019, 06:19 pm »
I suppose the flap is "broken" during use (warranty will cover it).  Create a help desk ticket at helpdesk.nuoem.com so we can track and pass it to factory to find out if there is a DIY way to replace the connector on the back panel.  Otherwise you have to send it for service. Perhaps you can continue to use it if it still works.  Just save a copy of my post if it is under warranty so that if you decide to fix the connector even after the warranty has expired, we will fix it free of charge.

Tan Raymond

« Reply #4 on: 28 Nov 2019, 10:55 am »
Hi Jason,
I've contacted my dealer in Singapore and was told he would get me a new optical connector. I'll not create a case ticket but hope to get the replacement soon. Thanks.

rustydoglim

« Reply #5 on: 29 Nov 2019, 07:18 pm »
Oh you are in luck. Jye also multitask as Nuprime product manager, he is very capable and nice person.

Tan Raymond

« Reply #6 on: 30 Nov 2019, 02:42 am »
That's why I supported him. Good to have a great dealer to work with. Thanks again.