Call of Duty Black Ops

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
Re: Call of Duty Black Ops
« Reply #60 on: 30 May 2011, 02:32 pm »
Guys,

Making some progress.  I am now up to level 23 and I just bought the M-60.

I am struggling to get the Sleight of Hand Pro Perk - specifically, around getting kills within 5 seconds of reloading and getting kills after wounding and then reloading before getting the kill. 

Any advice?  Is it easier to get these challenges with specific guns?  For example, I know not to use the M-60 for any quick loading challenges.   :duh:

Also, how do you kill a sentry?  I need to kill one in order to get my Ghost Pro perk.

Thanks,

George

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #61 on: 30 May 2011, 02:50 pm »
Melee (knife) the sentry from the back. Grenades might work, not sure?
Flashbangs stun them too I think.

Generally, the smaller the weapon, the quicker the reload. The big monsters, like the M-60 take forever.

Bob

werd

« Reply #62 on: 30 May 2011, 02:51 pm »
Guys,

Making some progress.  I am now up to level 23 and I just bought the M-60.

I am struggling to get the Sleight of Hand Pro Perk - specifically, around getting kills within 5 seconds of reloading and getting kills after wounding and then reloading before getting the kill. 

Any advice?  Is it easier to get these challenges with specific guns?  For example, I know not to use the M-60 for any quick loading challenges.   :duh:

Also, how do you kill a sentry?  I need to kill one in order to get my Ghost Pro perk.

Thanks,

George

Hi, hehe, i will help you with the sentry. To knock out a sentry you have to knife it, thats all. Some perks are way easier in different map modes. To get a sentry play - free for all. I can  boost you with the sentry in free for all. I will kill you 5 times and drop the sentry for you...lol. Its called boosting, thats how i got it last prestige....  :lol:. I made my son boost me.

For sleight of hand use a sub machine gun or the famas. If you are using a big machine gun its a lot harder.

Zero

« Reply #63 on: 30 May 2011, 04:20 pm »
COD Black Op's is a mixed bag for me.

On one hand, the game is ridiculously dynamic.  My friends and I will often spend hours on the game without even realizing it! 

On the other hand, Black Op's is the most buggy first person shooter that I've ever come across from a major label.

Oh well, despite all of that, I still find myself playing it every once in awhile. Hell, I'd probably play tonight if I weren't so damned busy. Speaking of which, why the hell am I on the forum right now? *poofs*!

zybar

• Volunteer
« Reply #64 on: 1 Jun 2011, 02:27 pm »
Guys,

What are the best games to play for max experience points (in general)?

I have been primarily playing Deathmatch, but I am not sure that produces the most xp's per match.

George

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
« Reply #65 on: 1 Jun 2011, 02:44 pm »
Free for All is cool because you don't have teammates to worry about shooting.
Basically, if it moves, it's worth points. Essentially, it doubles the amount of people on the map you can kill  :lol:
I'm not sure, but I think hardcore is worth more points than the rest of them????

Every couple months or so, they have a double XP weekend. Not sure if Xbox is on the same schedule, but the PS3 just had one two weekends ago.

Bob

werd

« Reply #66 on: 1 Jun 2011, 04:13 pm »
Free for all is good for exp but you have to be top 3. Ok if you want top experience start buying your challenges. I know its not how you want to play but including challenges brings on exp faster. Also look at your playcard and look at what you need to complete. Like 500 kills with a famas gave me 10k exp. All it requires is just looking at your challenge boards. I don't consider it homework, once you are on your 3rd prestige it becomes natural and why i recommend prestiging. The first 2 prestiges the game was still a mystery for me but it got easier in coordinating your challenges and looking at the board.

cujobob

« Reply #67 on: 1 Jun 2011, 05:48 pm »
COD Black Op's is a mixed bag for me.

On one hand, the game is ridiculously dynamic.  My friends and I will often spend hours on the game without even realizing it! 

On the other hand, Black Op's is the most buggy first person shooter that I've ever come across from a major label.

Oh well, despite all of that, I still find myself playing it every once in awhile. Hell, I'd probably play tonight if I weren't so damned busy. Speaking of which, why the hell am I on the forum right now? *poofs*!

The random boots and lockups are annoying, I admit.  I think the game moreso suffers from forcing everyone to play one type of character/role.

zybar

• Volunteer
« Reply #68 on: 1 Jun 2011, 07:52 pm »
The random boots and lockups are annoying, I admit.  I think the game moreso suffers from forcing everyone to play one type of character/role.

Last night I lost a really good game when the system locked up and booted everybody.

Another negative in my book is that you can't play more than two people on the same system for multi-player and 1 person for the campaign.  You don't have these limitations on Halo Reach.

George

nomeans

« Reply #69 on: 1 Jun 2011, 08:37 pm »
Last night I lost a really good game when the system locked up and booted everybody.

This seems to happen quite a bit with this game. I rarely ever had this occur with MW2.

zybar

• Volunteer
« Reply #70 on: 2 Jun 2011, 02:54 pm »
Hi, hehe, i will help you with the sentry. To knock out a sentry you have to knife it, thats all. Some perks are way easier in different map modes. To get a sentry play - free for all. I can  boost you with the sentry in free for all. I will kill you 5 times and drop the sentry for you...lol. Its called boosting, thats how i got it last prestige....  :lol:. I made my son boost me.

For sleight of hand use a sub machine gun or the famas. If you are using a big machine gun its a lot harder.

Finally got the sentry kill last night.  Talk a bout a silly random action.  It falls out of the sky and you knife it - why that should be a challenge criteria for getting the Pro Perk is beyond me.

George

werd

« Reply #71 on: 2 Jun 2011, 03:12 pm »
Finally got the sentry kill last night.  Talk a bout a silly random action.  It falls out of the sky and you knife it - why that should be a challenge criteria for getting the Pro Perk is beyond me.

George

hehe, sorry i wasn't around for that. It sounds like you got somebody's care package or sentry crate. The sentry is the only killstreak that drops like a care package. Somebody called in a care package or their sentry and died and you got it.....lol. Thats pretty good. Usually its in place and you have to stun the gun or somehow run up behind it for a melee stroke.

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
« Reply #72 on: 2 Jun 2011, 03:32 pm »
HA HA HA !!!
That's funny stuff.

WerTicus

« Reply #73 on: 2 Jun 2011, 04:18 pm »
This game is rubbish compared to Bad Company 2.  If you think blops is good BC2 will blow your mind.

zybar

• Volunteer
« Reply #74 on: 2 Jun 2011, 05:25 pm »
hehe, sorry i wasn't around for that. It sounds like you got somebody's care package or sentry crate. The sentry is the only killstreak that drops like a care package. Somebody called in a care package or their sentry and died and you got it.....lol. Thats pretty good. Usually its in place and you have to stun the gun or somehow run up behind it for a melee stroke.

I should have been more clear.  I watched it fall out of the sky, the guy set it up, and after he left, I did melee it with the knife.

George

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
« Reply #75 on: 2 Jun 2011, 05:41 pm »
I prefer the first story.  :lol:

werd

« Reply #76 on: 2 Jun 2011, 06:43 pm »
me too.   :icon_lol:

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
« Reply #77 on: 4 Jun 2011, 12:43 am »
What are the best games to play for max experience points (in general)?

Here you go George:
====================
To celebrate {new map packs} Escalation's release, we're running a Double XP Weekend for PS3, Xbox 360, and Wii, starting Friday the 10th at 10am PDT and lasting through Monday the 13th at 10am PDT

zybar

• Volunteer
« Reply #78 on: 4 Jun 2011, 04:12 am »
Here you go George:
====================
To celebrate {new map packs} Escalation's release, we're running a Double XP Weekend for PS3, Xbox 360, and Wii, starting Friday the 10th at 10am PDT and lasting through Monday the 13th at 10am PDT

Nice!

Got a few more hours of play in tonight and I am almost to level 35.

George

zybar

• Volunteer
« Reply #79 on: 5 Jun 2011, 04:28 am »
On to the next Pro Perk...   :green:

Need to plant the bomb 10 times to get my Ninja Pro Perl - what's the best way to do this?

I have only played Demolition once and never planted or even saw a bomb. 

Thanks,

George