Gran Turismo 5...the best driving sim yet!!

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
Re: Gran Turismo 5...the best driving sim yet!!
« Reply #60 on: 19 Jan 2011, 01:30 am »
Here's instructions on how to get online (and to join a buddy online):

- Start game (duh)
- [GT Mode] click the "X" button
- Click down (left thumb) button down twice. This will highlight [Community] {"X" button to click that}
- arrow right, once. These are the people on your friends list that own GT5. The green dots mean you can join. Scroll down until you find you newest victim.
- "X" over their name. {"click"}
- Arrow down to [playing], then "X" again.
- Now you see a list of everybody that person is racing against. "X" to join their lobby.

Once you're there, have your mic turned on. I'll verbally walk you through the rest of it.

eclein, I see your message, but you're not online right now.

Bob

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
« Reply #61 on: 19 Jan 2011, 01:32 am »
I should be signed in.....LOL....working on it

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
« Reply #62 on: 19 Jan 2011, 01:39 am »
I'm sitting on the track..................idling.......... ...waiting.............  :icon_twisted: :P

MaxCast

« Reply #63 on: 3 Apr 2011, 01:25 pm »
 We just bought our fastest car yet.  '09 Bugatti  263mph on the special stage route 7 track.  $2mil plus upgrades.  It beats the '02 Enzo by 8mph.  Haven't bought any F1 cars yet (too much $$) so we don't know how fast those go.
...I love cold rainy days.  8)        we need a good gamer smiley.

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
« Reply #64 on: 3 Apr 2011, 03:17 pm »
     we need a good gamer smiley.

= GT5  8)

Rich, I sent you a message yesterday on the PSN....... "VROOM!!!!!"
Saw you playing GT5, was trying to get you in the race. One of these days, we'll get you, Ed, my son, and me racing at the same time. That'd be cool.

Bob

murphy11

« Reply #65 on: 3 Apr 2011, 04:51 pm »
Do you need special equipment or will a standard controller work?

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
« Reply #66 on: 3 Apr 2011, 05:01 pm »
A standard controller works fine. That's what Ed uses.

But cool guys, like me, use a highly specialized highly modified wheel and pedal apparatus for the ultimate level of submersion in the virtual racing experience..  8)

Bob

eclein

• Volunteer
« Reply #67 on: 3 Apr 2011, 05:26 pm »
Bob's got some 2 X 4 strapped to his arms.....its gotta be something like that because he really can't drive or prick, I mean pick a good car!!!

eclein

• Volunteer
« Reply #68 on: 3 Apr 2011, 05:32 pm »
I use a PS3 controller and when you set the game up you can pick the layout of the controls...there are a few options, I use the right stick for throttle-up is accelerate pull down to brake/reverse.
 Left stick steers...you rarely use any others unless you like to shift gears-it is racing and shifting is fun, but I just like to hit the gas and try and stay on the track...
 Another game I just got is : F1 2010--Formula 1 racing, its a blast but harder to drive at first, GT5 is solid all around racer...F1 is all about the racing, rules and all...

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
« Reply #69 on: 3 Apr 2011, 05:35 pm »
Bob's got some 2 X 4 strapped to his arms.....its gotta be something like that because he really can't drive or prick, I mean pick a good car!!!
:lol: :thumb:

MaxCast

« Reply #70 on: 3 Apr 2011, 06:01 pm »
We started an endurance race and have 40 laps to go  :duh:

Bob, Do you use a wheel that you would recommend?  We are thinking about getting one.  And, when playing on line can two race on the same machine?  I can't believe we haven't raced yet  :oops:   I will check our messages when I get a chance.

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
« Reply #71 on: 3 Apr 2011, 06:26 pm »
Hey Rich,

Not sure if two can race on the same machine, online.  :scratch:

The wife, son, and myself all have Logitech (think: Squeezebox  :wink: ) "Driving Force GT" wheels/pedal assemblies.

I made "lap stands" so the wife and boy could set theirs on their legs while they drive. I made a base for mine that rests on the arms of my home theater seating chairs.
I'm not done yet, just playing with scraps of plywood. But these "2x4s strapped to my arms" will give you the general idea:  :wink:

eclein

• Volunteer
« Reply #72 on: 3 Apr 2011, 06:50 pm »
Dude you could take those to an airfield.....

Maxcast--whats your tag? I just got on Gamefly recently and got "F1 2010" Formula One racing and I have been playing it way too much, its starting to interfere with my naps....F1 is open cockpit racing and as in real F1 the parts go flying!! If either of you guys get it, I highly recommend using "brake assist" for awhile until you get the hang of the pace, its very fast, as it should be and a great way for me to exercise my hands.

MaxCast

« Reply #73 on: 3 Apr 2011, 08:24 pm »
Well, the endurance series sucks.  2.25 hours to complete.  got $150k and jumped to the next level with this one race...next race/level is..........4 hours, no laps, just 4 @#$% hours  :o    AND it's a Mazda roadster race.  Better get an indy/F1 car after this.

What level you guys at?

Bob, that is pretty sweet.  You each have one???  Has lots of good reviews too.  We officially started saving for it today.

eclein, our name is bestbudies1

Hey murph, you a racer?  You on line?  If so, what's your psn name?

Gotta go to the in-laws for supper so I'll be gone for a few hours.

murphy11

« Reply #74 on: 3 Apr 2011, 08:41 pm »
Hey Max, I bought a PS3 a few years ago for BluRay and am just getting around to games. I have COD4 and BlackOps and that's it so far. Thinking about expanding my horizons and saw your thread so maybe GT5...

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
« Reply #75 on: 3 Apr 2011, 09:18 pm »
Rich, do those B-spec races at night or while you're at work. Some of them are 9 hour races, and there's two that are 24 hours races. Yea....You leave your PS3 on for 24 hours. But at the end of it, you get a wheelbarrow full of cash, and a new car. B-spec is awesome.

Yes, the wife, son and I all have the same kind of Logitech wheel/pedals.

I'm level:
23 A-spec
38 B-spec

Since we're on each others friends list, you can see my scores, trophies, stats, bla bla bla..
You can also borrow the cars I've got listed as "shared". Ed has borrowed a few of mine. Go ahead, give them a whirl.  :wink:
In addition, if you have B-spec drivers "shared", I can also race them while you're at work, sleeping, whatever. I can make you money (GT5 money, not real money) by racing against your drivers. Ask Ed about that one too.  :lol:
You, Ed, me and everybody on your friends list can race each others drivers. Easy money.

Hey Murphy, I'm in Black Ops, CoD4, and MW2. Add me "Kryptosphantom" if you'd like.

Bob

eclein

• Volunteer
« Reply #76 on: 3 Apr 2011, 09:55 pm »

Since we're on each others friends list, you can see my scores, trophies, stats, bla bla bla..
You can also borrow the cars I've got listed as "shared". Ed has borrowed a few of mine. Go ahead, give them a whirl.  :wink:
In addition, if you have B-spec drivers "shared", I can also race them while you're at work, sleeping, whatever. I can make you money (GT5 money, not real money) by racing against your drivers. Ask Ed about that one too.  :lol:
You, Ed, me and everybody on your friends list can race each others drivers. Easy money.

Hey Murphy, I'm in Black Ops, CoD4, and MW2. Add me "Kryptosphantom" if you'd like.

Bob

Rich- Bob races my cars all day and whenever he wants to and every so often I go in grab my cash and buy cars...LOL. Last week I got on and checked my guys and I made over million dollars for nothing, I haven't ever done one B-spec race and I'm like level 29...LOL...Bob knows the ways of GT5..

My PSN :thumb: name is : eclein
Bob,his wife and son and I have a ball driving around the world....we mostly laugh  and tell stories..Bob's son keeps us humble passing us at 185mph- BACKWARD!!!  Grab a beverage, chips, whatever and come laugh with us...of all the medicine I take, playing and laughing with Bob has been the best one...........I joined Gamefly (by the way if someone wants to join Gamefly let me know-I think I get free months or something) and get 2 games out at a time so I'll try all the games I can and report as the official gameplaytesticle!!!  My hot new title is .."F1 2010", Bob they are coming out with F1 2011 in September.....LOL...
Borrow Bobs 'Vettel" car--rocket ship that can turn!!!

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
« Reply #77 on: 3 Apr 2011, 10:39 pm »
Borrow Bobs 'Vettel" car--rocket ship that can turn!!!

Yea, what he said!  :lol:
Especially the part about the Vettel. That's the most wicked car on GT5. It should be in my profile, use it Rich. Have some fun.

Bob

EDIT: By the way, I see Rich is level 4 B-spec.
Just like the Jeffersons, he's movin' on up:thumb:

eclein

• Volunteer
« Reply #78 on: 8 Jul 2011, 12:45 pm »
I got it!!! I got it!!!!!   hahahahaa...Lol.... I saw the "CAR" I had to have the other day, a Yellow... Formula Gran Turismo and it was cheap 2.5million, gag, gag.....I love Yellow and Hi-Tech Yellow race cars that go close to 300MPH, well I really love those so I enlisted the help of Bob in St. Louie and his team of daytime SpecB elves and we raised the cash in like 2.5 days....what a trip this car is, its like a Vettel except with a bit more control and with the weight and all the other tweaks I've come to learn I can get it going almost 300mph on Indianapolis' Speedway..its get up and goes real fast...so a shout out to BOB!!! Thank you sir!!! and buy the elves lunch on me today....now I'm really hooked into this game....rough life but hey I'm dealin wit it!!! :scratch:

MaxCast

« Reply #79 on: 8 Jul 2011, 12:57 pm »
I got it!!! I got it!!!!!   hahahahaa...Lol.... I saw the "CAR" I had to have the other day, a Yellow... Formula Gran Turismo and it was cheap 2.5million, gag, gag.....I love Yellow and Hi-Tech Yellow race cars that go close to 300MPH, well I really love those so I enlisted the help of Bob in St. Louie and his team of daytime SpecB elves and we raised the cash in like 2.5 days....what a trip this car is, its like a Vettel except with a bit more control and with the weight and all the other tweaks I've come to learn I can get it going almost 300mph on Indianapolis' Speedway..its get up and goes real fast...so a shout out to BOB!!! Thank you sir!!! and buy the elves lunch on me today....now I'm really hooked into this game....rough life but hey I'm dealin wit it!!! :scratch:
Sweet!  Can we barrow it?   :wink: