Teo Audio Liquid metal cables

KHotte

• Industry Participant
Teo Audio Liquid metal cables
« on: 23 Jan 2017, 07:35 pm »
Hello, my name is Ken, and I'll probably cause some grief just by being here - and (some) people knowing that our company sells 'new technology' in the form of Liquid Metal audio cables. Some will tilt at such windmills.

Wait for it.....3..2..1...

:o :? :wink:

JRace

• Greetings one and Everyone!
Re: Teo Audio Liquid metal cables
« Reply #1 on: 8 Feb 2017, 07:23 pm »
hope you were not holding your breath....

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #2 on: 8 Feb 2017, 07:54 pm »
Not breathing for an entire month is liable to create serious health issues. I think organ failure must be high on the list of such issues.

Phil A

« Reply #3 on: 8 Feb 2017, 08:18 pm »
Welcome!

Nick B

« Reply #4 on: 8 Feb 2017, 10:07 pm »
Hello, my name is Ken, and I'll probably cause some grief just by being here - and (some) people knowing that our company sells 'new technology' in the form of Liquid Metal audio cables. Some will tilt at such windmills.

My friend told me about those cables....and you'll be providing more info soon??
Nick

Mike B.

« Reply #5 on: 9 Feb 2017, 12:23 am »
How do you terminate something like that?

Armaegis

• slumming it between headphones and pro audio
« Reply #6 on: 9 Feb 2017, 01:36 am »
Yes indeed, the metallurgist in me is dying to know! Your webpage is somewhat sparse with technical details, so those of us with more scientific backgrounds would like to know how your feats are accomplished.

Wayner

« Reply #7 on: 9 Feb 2017, 01:38 am »

You need to declare yourself as an industry participant......

Phil A

« Reply #8 on: 9 Feb 2017, 01:52 am »
I found reviews - e.g. http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/teoaudio2/liquid.html  - but not really much technical detail

Don_S

« Reply #9 on: 9 Feb 2017, 01:52 am »
Isn't there another company offering liquid metal cables?

Phil A

« Reply #10 on: 9 Feb 2017, 01:57 am »
I found this about pricing in the link to the above review I posted - "Pricing: Divorce inducing for the average ‘phile, probably quite reasonable for the well-heeled."

And here is more specifics - http://www.dagogo.com/teo-audio-liquid-cables-review

"TEO Liquid Standard Speaker Cable MkII:
1.5m pair $11,725
2.0m pair   $16,500
2.5m pair   $21,000"

Nick B

« Reply #11 on: 9 Feb 2017, 02:09 am »
Contacted my friend and his cables are slightly different. His use a metal wire conductor with liquid metal within a clear tube. I don't know the mechanism that's used to seal them. They are similarly pricey and I believe are from Germany.

Phil A

« Reply #12 on: 9 Feb 2017, 02:17 am »
Contacted my friend and his cables are slightly different. His use a metal wire conductor with liquid metal within a clear tube. I don't know the mechanism that's used to seal them. They are similarly pricey and I believe are from Germany.

This indicates Canada - http://www.teoaudio.com/contact/

Phil A

« Reply #13 on: 9 Feb 2017, 02:19 am »
I think these are how they are made  :green: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aq5ydeWWr4A

Mike B.

« Reply #14 on: 9 Feb 2017, 02:37 am »

Nick B

« Reply #15 on: 9 Feb 2017, 06:19 am »
Phil, thanks for that info. I will see for myself as there's a club gtg at his house this Saturday.
Nick

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #16 on: 9 Feb 2017, 07:07 am »
This is interesting.

A single post gets nothing. A single response generates multiple responses.

If I could criticize AC, I'd say too many initial posts go unanaswered. BWTHDIK?

Welcome. Post your thoughts.......don't post once and disappear.

Michael

hjm48

« Reply #17 on: 9 Feb 2017, 07:20 am »
Anyone who hasn't heard these cables, better not unless your committed to spending $$.  They are NOT a gimmick!  There is NOTHING that sounds as real, no B.S.  I auditioned all the best balanced interconnects from the big names (Audioquest, Nordost, PAD, etc)  at 3X and 4X the price and it wasn't even close.  Facts are facts -  if you trust your ears you'll never go back to solid copper or silver or gold . . . !!  I wish i could afford the speaker cables, but the slurry (similar materials to that used in non-mercury thermometers) is expensive and more tubes are required for higher level signals and greater lengths - that's the only caveat!

OzarkTom

« Reply #18 on: 9 Feb 2017, 12:18 pm »
 :o Let me go win the lottery and I will get right back with you.

It is bazarr these exotic cables are pushed on audiophiles when most recording studios uses the cheapest Monster cables.

sonicxtc

« Reply #19 on: 9 Feb 2017, 03:08 pm »
"TEO Liquid Standard Speaker Cable MkII:
1.5m pair $11,725
2.0m pair   $16,500
2.5m pair   $21,000"

If this is true, then:
1) You might have posted that at the outset to weed out the 99% of us who won't be interested based on price.
2) Good luck, but frankly unless there's serious trickle down technology at a fraction of the cost, then what's the point? You could purchase a glorious stereo SYSTEM for less than a 1.5 meter pair of cables. This is what hurts the image of this hobby and helps make us all a bit crazy.