Vspeakers in acoustical room

McTwins

Vspeakers in acoustical room
« on: 29 Oct 2008, 05:12 pm »
Hi

Here is pictures of my system.

VR4SR with McIntosh gear. Monoblock 2*MC252 and 2*MC275 with C2300 and MCD201.

VR4GenIII with Bi-amp Quad 909 as my TV corner.

Enjoying every listening session with this setup and in this room. :banana piano:

Thanks

« Last Edit: 13 Apr 2009, 11:34 am by McTwins »

JackD201

Re: Vspeakers in acoustical room
« Reply #1 on: 29 Oct 2008, 05:57 pm »
WOW! I'm speechless!!!!   :D :D :D :D

McTwins

« Reply #2 on: 29 Oct 2008, 06:22 pm »
Me too, and the sound is incredible.  :thumb:

JackD201

« Reply #3 on: 29 Oct 2008, 07:03 pm »
Here's an old pic of my room featuring VR-4 SR Mk1s with BAT VK-150 mblocks, BAT VK-31 SE Superpack and ML 360S DAC

Now it's this

Custom modded VR-9 SE (All Tweeters including rear A.I.R.  V-Cap Teflons, VSA Internal wiring) and custom finished (BMW M-Power Sepang Bronze) with Lamm L2 Reference Pre, M2.2 220wpc Hybrid Monos. Digital Front End is Emmlabs CDSD and Factory upgraded DCC2 to SE specs.

In both Analog Front End was VPI TNT-HRX with Graham Phantom arm. I used to use a BAT VK-P10 SE Seper pack phonostage but now use  Lamm LP2 Deluxe Phonostage

Carts today are Clearaudio Titanium, Dynavector XV-1s, Graham Nightingale, Koetsu Jade Platinum with Koetsu SUT and ZYX Airy 3 S each with their own Graham Phantom-L armwand.

The HRX will be replaced with a TW Acustic Raven AC-3 by next week.

Power Conditioning by Shunyata (1 V-Ray, 1 Hydra 2) Power Cords are all Python VX for the transport and D-class VR-9 sub amps and Alpha for everything else.

Room design and treatment by myself. I'm U.S. certified for Studio Design and Construction. One teacher was John Storyk of WSDG. Supplementary treatments by ASC.

A pic of this system taken at a better angle can be seen in the VSA website.

Cheers!

McTwins

« Reply #4 on: 29 Oct 2008, 08:31 pm »
Hi
Looks very nice :drool:. Those VR9SE is very beautiful and are absolute my favorite speakers.

McTwins

Here's an old pic of my room featuring VR-4 SR Mk1s with BAT VK-150 mblocks, BAT VK-31 SE Superpack and ML 360S DAC

Now it's this

Custom modded VR-9 SE (All Tweeters including rear A.I.R.  V-Cap Teflons, VSA Internal wiring) and custom finished (BMW M-Power Sepang Bronze) with Lamm L2 Reference Pre, M2.2 220wpc Hybrid Monos. Digital Front End is Emmlabs CDSD and Factory upgraded DCC2 to SE specs.

In both Analog Front End was VPI TNT-HRX with Graham Phantom arm. I used to use a BAT VK-P10 SE Seper pack phonostage but now use  Lamm LP2 Deluxe Phonostage

Carts today are Clearaudio Titanium, Dynavector XV-1s, Graham Nightingale, Koetsu Jade Platinum with Koetsu SUT and ZYX Airy 3 S each with their own Graham Phantom-L armwand.

The HRX will be replaced with a TW Acustic Raven AC-3 by next week.

Power Conditioning by Shunyata (1 V-Ray, 1 Hydra 2) Power Cords are all Python VX for the transport and D-class VR-9 sub amps and Alpha for everything else.

Room design and treatment by myself. I'm U.S. certified for Studio Design and Construction. One teacher was John Storyk of WSDG. Supplementary treatments by ASC.

A pic of this system taken at a better angle can be seen in the VSA website.

Cheers!

es347

• Facilitator
  • ..I've got my eye on you...which one you say?
« Reply #5 on: 30 Oct 2008, 12:34 am »
Hi

Where is your picture....I don't see it!?

Enjoying every listening session with this setup and in this room. :banana piano:

Thanks

McTwins

« Reply #6 on: 30 Oct 2008, 04:15 am »
Hi

I hope you see it now.

My pictuers seems to desepear for some reason. I have to say that Audiokharma website has a better solution regarding photo issue.

Thanks

Hi

Where is your picture....I don't see it!?

Thanks

es347

• Facilitator
  • ..I've got my eye on you...which one you say?
« Reply #7 on: 30 Oct 2008, 01:39 pm »
I hope those cats have been declawed  :lol:

VSA_JOE

« Reply #8 on: 30 Oct 2008, 04:26 pm »
HOLLY SMOKES!! Nice room,  I myself am a Mcintosh fan, so seeing your room Mctwins brings a joyful tear to my eyes!

Mr_dingo

« Reply #9 on: 30 Oct 2008, 07:11 pm »
Nice Room!!

Regards

Fredrik

Har Matts varit där?

blownrx7

« Reply #10 on: 30 Oct 2008, 07:39 pm »
 :drool:

Rutgar

« Reply #11 on: 30 Oct 2008, 11:30 pm »
What are the triangle looking devices on the floor between your listening chair and the speakers?

JackD201

« Reply #12 on: 30 Oct 2008, 11:38 pm »
Hi
Looks very nice :drool:. Those VR9SE is very beautiful and are absolute my favorite speakers.

McTwins

Thanks McTwins I love em too. The room however isn't up to scratch. They were designed around the SR and accommodated the VR-5.  Building a better room for the 9's is an ongoing project that will take about 2 years.

Your system ROCKS.

McTwins

« Reply #13 on: 31 Oct 2008, 03:57 pm »
Hi

Its absorbtion made of dacron to take the floor first reflektion. Check the website.

http://www.akustikmiljo.se/

Thanks

What are the triangle looking devices on the floor between your listening chair and the speakers?