upsampling dACK?

fu_man

upsampling dACK?
« on: 6 Jun 2007, 01:29 am »
Hi  Steve, or anyone else that  can help explain,

just wondering if you could help clarify  this  for  me?  On  your  web page you  recommend the following, noting  that the dACK!  can operate in 24/96 mode... but  i  found  the specs on  their  site saying input  "16 bit stereo only up to  96KHz"?

For Best PC Audio Quality:
We recommend using Foobar2000 to upsample the data to 24/96 on a PC. You will need a
DAC that will operate in 24/96 mode, such as the P-3A, The Benchmark DAC-1, the
Northstar 192 or the dAck!. The following screenshots show the settings for Foobar and
Transit Panel that we use

audioengr

Re: upsampling dACK?
« Reply #1 on: 6 Jun 2007, 05:51 pm »
Hi  Steve, or anyone else that  can help explain,

just wondering if you could help clarify  this  for  me?  On  your  web page you  recommend the following, noting  that the dACK!  can operate in 24/96 mode... but  i  found  the specs on  their  site saying input  "16 bit stereo only up to  96KHz"?

For Best PC Audio Quality:
We recommend using Foobar2000 to upsample the data to 24/96 on a PC. You will need a
DAC that will operate in 24/96 mode, such as the P-3A, The Benchmark DAC-1, the
Northstar 192 or the dAck!. The following screenshots show the settings for Foobar and
Transit Panel that we use

The dAck! will accept 24/96 files that are upsampled on the computer.  The D/A chip is capable. It may truncate the 24 bits to 16 depending on the chip used. I believe the latest chip may do 20 or 24 bits.

Steve N.

fu_man

Re: upsampling dACK?
« Reply #2 on: 8 Jun 2007, 01:49 am »
Oh  that's  much clearer!
My  DACK is  a version 1  so  probably truncates...  I  was   just  trying to work out  if  it was worth downloading those  remastered  hi rez  samples....

thank you for the explanation. :thumb: