Eversolo DMP-A6

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
Eversolo DMP-A6
« on: 3 May 2023, 12:33 pm »
Anyone heard of this streamer/DAC?  Cost?  Where to buy? 

Here's a review:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vniWmD-HAoU

SlushPuppy

Re: Eversolo DMP-A6
« Reply #1 on: 3 May 2023, 01:18 pm »
Anyone heard of this streamer/DAC?  Cost?  Where to buy? 

Here's a review:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vniWmD-HAoU

That's crazy. I watched that same video about an hour ago. I thought he said it was available on Amazon, but I couldn't find that model. There are two other Eversolo products on Amazon ranging from $459 to $699. They seem like a genuine bargain:

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=EVERSOLO

Charles Xavier

« Reply #2 on: 3 May 2023, 01:43 pm »
May not be available yet. But looks like its worth trying out

GerryD

« Reply #3 on: 3 May 2023, 07:20 pm »
Here's a review of the Eversolo DAC that is likely the same as is in the DAC/Streamer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czLO9TzA8H8

aricml

« Reply #4 on: 5 May 2023, 02:20 pm »
It does look nice, but aside from a larger display (and lack of a headphone amp) I'm curious how it would compare to the same brand Z6 DAC paired with a node/wiim/streamer of choice.  I look forward to seeing more reviews of this unit, as it sure is easy on the eyes.

I.Greyhound Fan

« Reply #5 on: 6 May 2023, 11:44 am »
It is a chinese company so getting one fixed may be an issue.

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #6 on: 6 May 2023, 12:23 pm »
Supposedly currently available in the UK.  The referenced review mentioned that Eversolo had two other models available on Amazon.

Yes, not a fan of odd ball brands, but DAC technology is so fast moving that serious investing in servers/DAC's seems unwise.

So much to keep up with technology changes.  Just found out that an endpoint means you must add an application to make it work.

TomS

« Reply #7 on: 21 May 2023, 11:37 pm »
I picked up the Eversolo DMP-A6 Master Edition. Setup and operation (ethernet in, Roon in my case) has been flawless in every way, no surprises. Sonically it's very satisfying, though I'm limited to a headphone setup for a bit longer. My only quibble is having to use a cell phone for remote, as there is no capability for a physical one. Otherwise, it's a lot of kit for just a bit over $1k.

Jon L

« Reply #8 on: 22 May 2023, 02:04 am »
I picked up the Eversolo DMP-A6 Master Edition. Setup and operation (ethernet in, Roon in my case) has been flawless in every way, no surprises. Sonically it's very satisfying, though I'm limited to a headphone setup for a bit longer. My only quibble is having to use a cell phone for remote, as there is no capability for a physical one. Otherwise, it's a lot of kit for just a bit over $1k.

Does Eversolo "support" Amazon Music HD, i.e. using Amazon API provided to third parties like Bluesound, Heos? 
Or does it have Amazon "Direct Integration" like Wiim?

JMW73

« Reply #9 on: 22 May 2023, 10:52 am »
They said the latest batch release to Amazon US was bought out very quickly and they don't see another batch going out until June 10.  I'm keeping and eye on this because I might want one.

tortoiseman2542

« Reply #10 on: 22 May 2023, 04:36 pm »
They said the latest batch release to Amazon US was bought out very quickly and they don't see another batch going out until June 10.  I'm keeping and eye on this because I might want one.

I had one in cart and got a quick work call. Three minutes later and it was OOO. 

Robert

tortoiseman2542

« Reply #11 on: 7 Jun 2023, 06:11 pm »
This just popped up on Amazon for July delivery.  Grab them while you can!

Robert

TomS

« Reply #12 on: 8 Jun 2023, 10:53 am »
So far I'm very impressed with the Master Edition in terms of functionality. It notified me for an upgrade the other day which went flawlessly. Good documentation of the changes by version as well.

JMW73

« Reply #13 on: 8 Jun 2023, 02:31 pm »
So far I'm very impressed with the Master Edition in terms of functionality. It notified me for an upgrade the other day which went flawlessly. Good documentation of the changes by version as well.

I'm curious... when you say "functionality", are you referring to the use of the app?  I'm very interested in this piece, but it's going to be the fall before I pull the trigger on anything.

TomS

« Reply #14 on: 8 Jun 2023, 08:06 pm »
I'm curious... when you say "functionality", are you referring to the use of the app?  I'm very interested in this piece, but it's going to be the fall before I pull the trigger on anything.
I'm referring to the whole package - hardware, firmware, software, app, etc., since this piece hasn't been out for very long, at least in NA. I am amazed how stable it has been for a brand I hadn't heard of until a couple months ago. Turns out Zidoo Technology has been around since 2014, but they're better known for video products.

JMW73

« Reply #15 on: 9 Jun 2023, 12:00 pm »
I'm referring to the whole package - hardware, firmware, software, app, etc., since this piece hasn't been out for very long, at least in NA. I am amazed how stable it has been for a brand I hadn't heard of until a couple months ago. Turns out Zidoo Technology has been around since 2014, but they're better known for video products.

That's great; thank you!  This is definitely very high on my list.

tortoiseman2542

« Reply #16 on: 20 Jun 2023, 02:47 am »
Just got my shipping notification from Amazon. Should be here tomorrow. I won’t get to hook it up or play with it until the weekend. :(

Robert

artur9

« Reply #17 on: 20 Jun 2023, 04:00 am »
Is there an all-in-one version of this?  Y'know, with an amp section?

JMW73

« Reply #18 on: 28 Jun 2023, 02:55 pm »
Is there an all-in-one version of this?  Y'know, with an amp section?

There is not.