*SOLD* Tekton OB4.5, added tweeters and grilles (w/stands for local PU only).

strhd07

"The OB4.5 gives you an incredibly transparent and focused view into the recording venue that opens the door to the upper level of High End audio at an entry level price." I can't really add much to the review on EnjoyTheMusic, so I encourage you to read the whole thing.

http://www.enjoythemusic.com/magazine/equipment/0809/tekton_design_ob45.htm

Before going further, please read carefully: a rear driver on one of the speakers developed a buzz during loud passages. Not sure whether it's simply a poor solder connection or the driver itself headed south. If you're even minimally handy with a solder iron, which ain't me, I bought two used Fostex FE127E drivers (see photo), same ones as in the speakers, that were sold to me as in excellent condition, so, even if it's a bad driver, you have two spares to get the speaker back to sonic liftoff.

I originally had a pair of the stock OB4.5 but thought the treble a little too laid back, so got this pair, in stunning gloss red, that had the added tweeters and the optional grillles, which were a $100 add-on to the original price. Fer sure, a speaker for the weeny-watt fanatics out there, ahem, that is, folks like me. Also, as you can see in the photos, mine have the later, more sensible placement of the speaker posts at the back instead of on top. A pencil-point nick in the paint on a top corner of one baffle; otherwise in excellent cosmetic condition.

$250--original price was $650 for this combo--plus shipping and 3% Paypal, which includes the spare pair of drivers. Again, one driver needs either a connection repaired or replacement with one of the spares, so sold as is. I have original box and packing. To get an estimate of shipping from 23061, weight will be roughly 50 lbs. and dimensions of the box are 17" x 26" x 27".

For local pickup only in 23061: I also have the dedicated 21" stands that Tekton made just for these speakers. In good shape, but the Vibrapods I used under the speakers left marks on the tops of the stands, which, natch, you won't see with the speakers in place. Already filled with sand. Price for speakers and stands is $400. See photo of one of the stands below.

Here are specs, as quoted in the review:

Frequency Response: 45 Hz to 20 kHz
Drivers: Two 4.5-inch Fostex 127E
True full-range-no crossover
Sensitivity: 92dB/W/m
Impedance: 4 Ohms
Weight: 21 lbs
Dimensions: 22 x 13.25 x 12 (HxWxD in inches)

Note: These speakers have a satisfying bottom end but will not shake the foundations. If you want to go lower, I have a HornShoppe sub, with outboard amp, that made a very nice match with the Tektons. PM me for details.

« Last Edit: 10 Dec 2019, 11:54 pm by strhd07 »

strhd07

strhd07

strhd07

Four-letter word starting with a "B." Lower price.

strhd07

strhd07

jonbuilds

PM sent, thanks Mark!