Anthony Gallo Nucleus Reference II speakers-$1750.00

Rusty Jefferson

Selling a pair of Gallo Nucleus Reference II speakers in very good condition. These are the composite spheres, not the aluminium spheres. Purchased about 18 months ago from the original owner. About 3 months ago, I stumbled upon a rare pair of speakers I'd been searching for for years, and I'm now keeping those.

If you're not familiar with Gallo speakers, the boxless design of this series and the "3" series show the advantages of low diffraction cabinets.These speakers create a tremendous soundstage that is natural in it's width and depth. Lots of information about them on the web.

I have the original factory packaging for shipping the spheres, and home made boxes for shipping the frames. I would actually prefer a local sale in the D.C./Balto metro area, as shipping will be $200-$300. The 4 boxes are quite large.

I have added a set of threaded Mapleshade footers to the bottom of the frames and include them in the sale. This was a very good upgrade as it really stabilized the frames and couples them to the floor.

I have these listed at US Audiomart also, but not yet listed at Audiogon. I have great feedback at Agon under the username rusty_jefferson. The sale includes the original owners manuals, wiring options manual, sales brochure, and capacitors for attenuating the tweeters. Contact me by PM to discuss particulars if interested. Asking $1750.00

« Last Edit: 9 Mar 2019, 01:22 pm by Rusty Jefferson »

JP78

Re: Anthony Gallo Nucleus Reference II speakers-$2100
« Reply #1 on: 9 Jul 2018, 12:54 pm »
Hi Rusty,

These are wonderful sounding speakers - really something special for the price. :)

I was under the impression that the spun aluminum balls came later in manufacturing?  Regardless, these are absolutely amazing speakers and deserve a listen.

Best,

dkalsi

« Reply #2 on: 11 Jul 2018, 04:52 pm »
Buy with confidence!

Rusty is about the nicest / most-genuine guy I've ever had the pleasure of meeting and doing business with.

GLWS

Rusty Jefferson

« Reply #3 on: 25 Aug 2018, 02:35 pm »
Just a bump, annnnd I didn't realize 2 people posted to the thread.  :duh:

Hi Rusty,

These are wonderful sounding speakers - really something special for the price. :)

I was under the impression that the spun aluminum balls came later in manufacturing?  Regardless, these are absolutely amazing speakers and deserve a listen.

Best,
Yes, I believe the aluminum spheres came later.  Either way, they were far too costly to manufacture for Gallo to make money. 

Anyone who enjoys music recordings in a live acoustic space, should listen to these speakers.

Buy with confidence!

Rusty is about the nicest / most-genuine guy I've ever had the pleasure of meeting and doing business with.

GLWS
Thanks for the kind endorsement D, I appreciate it. Got the UREIs back in the house (though not set up) and am enjoying the Nestorovics.

Rusty Jefferson

Re: Anthony Gallo Nucleus Reference II speakers-$1750.00
« Reply #4 on: 9 Mar 2019, 01:24 pm »
Spring bump for these cool speakers, and asking price reduced to $1750.00