Replacing a defective Hard Drive

Pundamilia

Replacing a defective Hard Drive
« on: 17 Jun 2017, 08:11 pm »
(Probably a Chris question, but others may have had similar issues that they successfully resolved).

After intermittent issues with my BDP-2, I determined that the external HD on which my library resides was defective. I replaced it with its backup disk (also a USB HD). Manic Moose would read the disk okay, but when I went to play anything, nothing would play. I tried Internet Radio and a USB flash drive, both of which worked fine, so I was confident that the problem was with the disk. Then I realized that the replacement disk had a different volume name and it was possible that the Moose could not find the tracks to play them because the full path filename was now different from the original disk. I shut down the BDP, removed the disk, renamed it and initiated an update. After running all night, the update was still incomplete. Disk is 1 TB with about 900GB used and 5,000 files. Since then, I have verified the disk, repaired the disk (in the dashboard) and it still will not complete the update. I have also reset the DB. It still will not finish updating. Is there something else that I need to do, either to the disk or in Manic Moose to get the system working properly again?

Thanks.

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
Re: Replacing a defective Hard Drive
« Reply #1 on: 17 Jun 2017, 08:48 pm »
Does the drive have a recycling or trash bin that has been emptied from plugging the drive into a PC or Mac?

If you place the bdp into service mode and email me service I'd we can see what its getting caught up on.

http://support.bryston.com/downloads/BDP/Manic%20Moose%20Manual.pdf