Omega speakers good for low volume listening?

AvsFan

Re: Omega speakers good for low volume listening?
« Reply #20 on: 24 Dec 2020, 02:17 am »
kenk,

Where did you land with the low listening level project? Any updates for the congregation?

AVSFAN,

what are you running nowadays.  Alan Eaton Mono's are out the door.  What's currently in the system for amps and speakers?

I hope all is well out there in audiocircle land!

And I was in the same boat as OP. I was looking for a romantic, tonally accurate, smooth and detailed low level system to contrast my huge scale, hard hitting ZU system.

Yep, 45's are gone. Tube amps were not my cup of tea either. There is no right or wrong system, just what you like. I tried to make myself like both the tube amps and Omega's, and when you are trying to convince yourself to like something, that's probably not a good sign. Even with the ZU's, when I pushed the 45's to get that palpable sound, the bass got sloppy and loose.

Anyway, I found that sound that I was looking for. I have a pair of Quad S2's hooked up to a Hegel Rost right now. And man, it's sublime! Simply magical. I am happy. And this isn't new gear syndrome, I haven't really even posted anything yet because I wanted to give it plenty of time to ear off. The excitement. The excitement of new gear has worn off but the enjoyment has not. Super impressed with these speakers and integrated amp.

Still waiting on my new ZU's to ship hopefully next week.

thetakeout

« Reply #21 on: 24 Dec 2020, 06:19 am »
Which Zu’s do you have?

AvsFan

« Reply #22 on: 29 Dec 2020, 07:00 pm »
Which Zu’s do you have?

Dirty Weekends. Almost got the Soul Supreme's but after some conversations with Gerrit and Sean at ZU, they felt the best route for me was the DW's with Jupiter Cap upgrade.