Omega Super 6 Alnico Monitors

DaveC113

• Industry Contributor
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
Re: Omega Super 6 Alnico Monitors
« Reply #20 on: 24 Jan 2014, 10:40 pm »
Sounds good moot!  :wink:

In my experience, it'll take tens of thousands to do any better than Omega and even then there are lot of speakers in the $10k+ range that I wouldn't want to have in place of my Omegas.

With Louis coming up with "bigger" speaker systems with the speed 12, it'll be hard to look elsewhere even if you have a big room to fill.

Louis O

« Reply #21 on: 25 Jan 2014, 11:12 pm »
Hi Moot,

Great news and congratulations on your Bottlehead build. Fantastic amp and from what you say, I should phone them up and get one myself. I used to have the same amp years ago and I should try it out again. Would be fun making a fancy base for it.

The 6's love the 2A3's and the Bottlehead puts out good power. Please try out the new tubes and it will get better and better.

Many thanks for your kind words and great post I appreciate it a lot,
Louis

Louis O

« Reply #22 on: 25 Jan 2014, 11:14 pm »
Hi Jorgen,

The Decware will sound great and no worry at all. I will post a picture of your speakers when they are done. I should have them done before a month that's for sure.

Thanks,
Louis

Louis O

« Reply #23 on: 25 Jan 2014, 11:17 pm »
Hi DaveC113,

Thanks and looks like the bigger speakers will be showing up this year. I will be getting the 8's done as well. I have the latest version on the bench now. Starting with ferrites and go from there. The speed12 driver can be used in a lot of different configurations.  The large speakers will be under the Paramount name and I will still make all the others no worry at all.

Thanks again,
Louis

Louis O

« Reply #24 on: 25 Jan 2014, 11:38 pm »
I should have some news next week.

Thanks,
Louis

abby normal

« Reply #25 on: 3 Nov 2021, 07:10 am »
a minority opinion here- why can't omega pre-break-in their speakers at the factory before they ship to dealers or homes? also, how do these compare to the sound of a single-driver electrostat or a maggie?

Emil

« Reply #26 on: 3 Nov 2021, 02:06 pm »
a minority opinion here- why can't omega pre-break-in their speakers at the factory before they ship to dealers or homes? also, how do these compare to the sound of a single-driver electrostat or a maggie?

Not only Omega but other speaker manufacturers as well.
This also goes for cable manufacturers as well but some do such as Triode Wire labs

Maybe Louis can shed some light on this

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #27 on: 3 Nov 2021, 02:44 pm »
Break-in is an on-going topic.  Opinions range from 3 seconds to 500 hours needed. 

whell

« Reply #28 on: 3 Nov 2021, 08:36 pm »

Any box speaker, not just an Omega, will sound different than a planar like a Maggie.  Both have their strengths and weaknesses.  Just a question of what your preferences are and what gear you'll be matching the speakers to.   For example, if you'll be matching the speakers to a modestly powered tube amp, and you like your music loud, forget about the Maggies.