NEW MEMBER INTRODUCTION: Greetings from SONDEKNZ, from NEW ZEALAND!

SONDEKNZ

Greetings from New Zealand!

My interest in SPATIAL AUDIO loudspeakers has brought me to this fine forum.

Our current system looks like this:

LINN SONDEK LP12 HOT-ROD * LINN ITTOK LVII * SHELTER 501 II * AUDITORIUM23 SUT * LEBEN R-30EQ
APPLE MACBOOK PRO * APPLE IPAD PRO * APPLE MUSIC / ALAC LOSSLESS * CHORD QUTEST / 5V BATTERY POWER BANK
LEBEN CS300F * KLIPSCH RP-160M

It is in my thinking that the SPATIAL M3 SAPPHIRE will work well with our 15W LEBEN amp.

I would welcome any thoughts from other LEBEN / SPATIAL owners.

Thanks for having me.

geerock

Greetings.  You have some nice equipment there.  Leben 300 integrated is a wolf in sheeps clothing.  That unit will have no problem driving either the M or X series Spatials.....with plenty to spare.

SONDEKNZ

@geerock

Many thanks for the warm welcome.

I guess like many of us giving some thought to the SPATIAL range, I'm wondering... M3 SAPPHIRE or M5 SAPPHIRE?

Whilst we appreciate music having a solid foundation in the bass and mid-bass, we are not bass fiends.

The smaller size of the M5 appeals, but I do wonder if they are leaner in the mid-bass than the M3?

We do love a nice, fully saturated, mid-range...

Does anyone who has heard both M3 and M5 care to comment?

Or is there another SPATIAL model that I am overlooking?

jjss49

welcome

i recently got my m3 sapphires and they are just completing break in... wonderful speakers - i have posted some updates in the spatial forum here

i am not sure a 15 wpc amp will drive them to their best but of course it depends of room, music genre, loudness desired

suggest you correspond to clayton let him guide you

lower powered amps owners tend to migrate to the x series with their self powered lower bass units

Audiosaurusrex

Hello,
I also have the incredible M3 Sapphires since February and listen almost every night, just so captivating!
I’m driving with the little known SPL Director/Performer Combo. The SPL Performer is 285watts into 4 ohms. This has incredible sonic realism and yes a very “spatial” soundstage with very real and textured bass. I did read on the website that you need at least 8 watts to properly drive the M3’s but I would imagine with specific tube designs these speakers do not need a lot of power. Either way these speakers have redefined my 45 years of listening! They are that Good!

geerock

welcome

i am not sure a 15 wpc amp will drive them to their best but of course it depends of room, music genre, loudness desired

suggest you correspond to clayton let him guide you

lower powered amps owners tend to migrate to the x series with their self powered lower bass units
Maybe you're not aware that Clayton was driving both the new M and X series speakers with an LTA 10 ZOTL 12 watt amp at the audio shows.  And it got great reviews.  I'm aware of the Leben amp capability.  I believe it will be a great match.

Phil A

Welcome!

SONDEKNZ

Thanks for the thoughts guys.

Yes, I think our LEBEN will have no problem driving the SPATIAL M3 or M5 speakers - and the M5, with their friendlier 8-ohm impedance - might be the better match.

Still, the little LEBEN CS300F has an output transformer with 4 / 6 / 8 Ohm options - and most of our current speakers drop to 4-ohms and below and we still run them with no problems - so the M3 may be a go also.

We do like the smaller form-factor of the M5... And both speakers seem to have similar handling of the (important to us) midrange.

We are leaning M5!

(I just wish we could get that NUTMEG finish!!!)

sockpit

I have the M5s in a small room.  I'd definitely talk to Clayton about your room size before pulling the trigger.  My own view is that I'd want the M3s if my room were much bigger.  I like bass, though. In fact, I’m still toying with a REL T1 in my little system, in my little room. GIK bass traps have recently made all the difference, too. I only now understand what these speakers are capable of when driven by just 13 quality watts from LTA. And I’m in month eleven.

« Last Edit: 17 Nov 2020, 03:31 am by sockpit »