KECES DC-115 DC power supply (wall wart killer), IeGO single unit and by-the-box

Zyca

• Industry Participant
    • Acoustic Fun Web Store!
I think most people know that wall wart power supply does not always deliver the kind of quality power that is often required audio equipments.  Some users have resorted to replace wall warts with bigger and heftier wall warts for better sound and more power.

Well, here's the perfect power supply for any equipments that needs either 12 volt or 15 volt DC, and up to 2 amps current.  Better yet, it have two independent output to power two different equipment without any interference between the two.  The voltage setup and current rating are also independent too (2 amps each!), all the more flexible for hooking up your equipments.

For more information, please check out our page on KECES DC-115

Also new to our web store is the new offer on IeGO plugs, now it is offered in single units and 10 packs with over 20% discount.  Just in case that you need a pack of 10 to replace your fixed cable equipment's plug, or replace all your machine's IEC sockets.  We have heard customer replacing his tool's molded plug with our IeGO plugs, and ended up installing all his tool with IeGO plugs because they are so tough (Well polycarbonate is pretty dang tough stuff).

You can check out the single unit's deal at:
http://www.acoustic-fun.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=25_33

By the box deal:
http://www.acoustic-fun.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=25_34

KECES DC-115's web store page:
http://www.acoustic-fun.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=73

And of course, our web store's front page:
http://www.acoustic-fun.com/catalog/index.php

Thanks,

David
« Last Edit: 3 Nov 2009, 01:43 pm by Zyca »

srb

Here is a working link to the KECES DC-115
 (David, you can always click the Preview button and click the links there to test)

Nice looking power supply.  Any specs on regulation or ripple?

Steve

Zyca

• Industry Participant
Here is a working link to the KECES DC-115
 (David, you can always click the Preview button and click the links there to test)

Nice looking power supply.  Any specs on regulation or ripple?

Steve

Thanks Steve, I've been a little rusty with the code lately... :duh:  The regulation is done via a combination of IC regulator and discrete transistors.  If you look carefully at the notchs on the circuit board, you will notice a rather large transistor underneath.

As for regulation spec, I'll have to get back to you on that, the guy who did the testing was out on business trip at the moment.  Hopefully I can get it soon enough.

Thanks

David

viggen

Hi David:

Do you have picture of the included DC cables? 

Just need to make sure they are skinny enough to loop the little hole through my turntable DC motor's casing.

Thanks,

Ed

Zyca

• Industry Participant
Hi David:

Do you have picture of the included DC cables? 

Just need to make sure they are skinny enough to loop the little hole through my turntable DC motor's casing.

Thanks,

Ed

I'll take a photo of it ASAP :)  It should fit through most holes quite easily :)

viggen

Hi,

Any luck with the pictures?

Thanks

Big Red Machine

Nice unit.  Can you consider giving two 12 volt outputs?

How about the noise of the unit?  Does it hummmmmmmmmmm?

Zyca

• Industry Participant
Hi,

Any luck with the pictures?

Thanks

Sorry for the delay, here's the photo and the measurements with my caliper.

cable diameter is: 3.5mm
Plug's max diameter (handle): is 9.5mm
the plug itself is 2.5mm type (ID) standard DC plug.

Let me know if you need any other measurement data.

Thanks.

Zyca

• Industry Participant
Nice unit.  Can you consider giving two 12 volt outputs?

How about the noise of the unit?  Does it hummmmmmmmmmm?

Hello, it does have 12V option, just open the lid, there will be a switch in there  (as shown in photo, the two metal toggle switch), you can switch between 15V and 12V.

If there's demand, I can also make special order for a batch that have one fixed 5V and one switchable 12/15V output.  This would be useful for squeezebox users, which uses 5V.  Of course, if your equipment also uses 5V, the 5V output of special order DC-115 can be useful too, it doesn't have to be connected to Squeezebox. ;)

As for noises, we accept no noises like hum and such from our machine.  As a humming transformer is either damaged or saturated, and a circuit that hums would mean that it wasn't properly designed to avoid the issue of humming.  Please rest assured. ;)

viggen

I notice there is a ferrite core on the cord.  How far is the core from the tip on the soldering end? 

I need at least 7 inches of wire to go into the turntable motor casing.

Thanks.

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
 No that is thinking out of the box. GREAT IDEA and a very fair price I may add. good luck.

charles

Zyca

• Industry Participant
I notice there is a ferrite core on the cord.  How far is the core from the tip on the soldering end? 

I need at least 7 inches of wire to go into the turntable motor casing.

Thanks.

Hello,

The ferrite is only on one end of the cable, if you need to hard wire it to your turntable, you can cut off the end without the ferrite core.  Please note the cable is professionally made and injection molded, so you can't just unscrew it and desolder, but will need to clip one end off and peel the cable if you need to do that.

PS: If you need the end to be pre-cut and tinned before it is shipped out, I can do that free of charge, but please remember to inform me at the time of purchase. :)

Thanks

David

Zyca

• Industry Participant
No that is thinking out of the box. GREAT IDEA and a very fair price I may add. good luck.

charles

Thanks Charles,

We try to come up with products that we have been hoping to get our hands on ourselves.  And of course we hope people like it too. :)

Thanks

David

viggen

Hello,

The ferrite is only on one end of the cable, if you need to hard wire it to your turntable, you can cut off the end without the ferrite core.  Please note the cable is professionally made and injection molded, so you can't just unscrew it and desolder, but will need to clip one end off and peel the cable if you need to do that.

PS: If you need the end to be pre-cut and tinned before it is shipped out, I can do that free of charge, but please remember to inform me at the time of purchase. :)

Hi David:

How do I contact you at time of purchase?  Also, can you supply me with a plug that I can solder to the end of my existing cable incase the cable supplied with the DC-115 is too thick to go through my turntable motor case? 

Thanks,

Ed

Big Red Machine

I'd vote for a Squeezebox 5 volt output.

Zyca

• Industry Participant
Hello,

Hi David:

How do I contact you at time of purchase?  Also, can you supply me with a plug that I can solder to the end of my existing cable incase the cable supplied with the DC-115 is too thick to go through my turntable motor case? 

Thanks,

Ed

When you order on our web shop, there's an dialog for you to enter some notes to me at the time of purchase/checkout.  As for the plugs, you won't need them, as I can chop off a little more of the cable when peeling it, so that you end up with one long cable and one short one, each with  one plug end and one tinned wire end.  Of course, there's also another power cable that is not touched (unless you want me to do the same to them.

Thanks

David

Zyca

• Industry Participant
I'd vote for a Squeezebox 5 volt output.

Noted!

Frank S.

Is there any way to order this without creating an account? I placed it in the cart and want to proceed with Pay Pal and it looks like I have to create an account with the website which I don't want to do.

Zyca

• Industry Participant
Is there any way to order this without creating an account? I placed it in the cart and want to proceed with Pay Pal and it looks like I have to create an account with the website which I don't want to do.

Hello, you can use the contact us link in the web shop to email me (the page there also contain my email that you can send to directly) your order, I'll then process it and send you an paypal invoice for your order.

If there's some part of the info in our web store that you don't really feel like entering, you can just enter jibberish, but please do note that we need proper name, address and phone number on the web store for processing and shipping (which Paypal will also send me when the payment is sent, so that part of the data will be passed anyways, and used to verify that address from both side match)

Thanks

David

viggen

Hi David:

Order placed.

Also, please be reminded to send to my work address.

Thanks,

Ed