Hot Day.... A Cool Drink....

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
Hot Day.... A Cool Drink....
« on: 10 Jun 2008, 12:40 am »
Man...it was a hot and humid day in NY...and its not even Summer yet. :?

With that in mind....I'm curious to know what others drink to cool off....besides water - beer- or wine. Thanks..... :thumb:

mca

Re: Hot Day.... A Cool Drink....
« Reply #1 on: 10 Jun 2008, 12:52 am »
Although it's far from hot here, I have been enjoying these lately  :thumb:

giantsteps

« Reply #2 on: 10 Jun 2008, 01:02 am »

With that in mind....I'm curious to know what others drink to cool off....besides water - beer- or wine. Thanks..... :thumb:

Chris... you know damned well that anything that contains alcohol just raises your body temperature. I doubt you'll get any thumbs up for beer, wine, etc. :cry: On a hot day nothing beats just plain water and ice. :thumb:

Frank   

lonewolfny42

« Reply #3 on: 10 Jun 2008, 01:06 am »

Chris... you know damned well that anything that contains alcohol just raises your body temperature. I doubt you'll get any thumbs up for beer, wine, etc. :cry: On a hot day nothing beats just plain water and ice. :thumb:

Frank   
I know about alcohol Frank... :lol: ....but I can't stand "plain water"...I see enough water every day...I need to hear about something different....and non - alcoholic. :wink:

Canyoneagle

« Reply #4 on: 10 Jun 2008, 01:08 am »
.....Raises body temperature......  sounds like a mild fever.  Wouldn't that make one feel cooler?   :P

I like brewed herbal teas on hot days.  green tea, peppermint and chai spices (cinnamon, cardamom, etc) make a FANTASTIC mix, with a touch of honey for sweetness.  A great way to brew it is in a large 1-gal jar in the sun for 2-3 hours.  remove the bags, stir in the honey, and chill till evening!   8)

If you like rum drinks, mojitos are always a welcome touch on a hot day.  -oops, didn't see the non-alcoholic comment.  see above  :green:

Frank   

mca

« Reply #5 on: 10 Jun 2008, 01:08 am »
Oops, I see you mentioned Non alcoholic. My vote goes for plain old water then...

mjosef

« Reply #6 on: 10 Jun 2008, 01:12 am »
anything that contains alcohol just raises your body temperature
Dunno 'bout that...but when I get home and its this hot...a nice ice cold beer is the ticket. Followed by a big mug of room-temperature water.

Hey, there always those...non-alcoholic beers  aa aa

Gordy

« Reply #7 on: 10 Jun 2008, 01:28 am »
Paul K. turned me on to a cool drink last time I was up to NYC... Thai coffee.  Iced coffee with a dash or so of sweetened evaporated milk, very creamy!  Not unlike a shake or... a mud slide  :lol:

mjosef

« Reply #8 on: 10 Jun 2008, 01:35 am »
Paul K. turned me on to a cool drink last time I was up to NYC... Thai coffee.  Iced coffee with a dash or so of sweetened evaporated milk, very creamy!  Not unlike a shake or... a mud slide  :lol:

Did he make it himself...or?
I know about Thai ice tea...yummy. Never heard of the coffee version.

giantsteps

« Reply #9 on: 10 Jun 2008, 01:37 am »

Frank   
I know about alcohol Frank... :lol: ....but I can't stand "plain water"...I see enough water every day...I need to hear about something different....and non - alcoholic. :wink:

Well Chris...I have just nominated myself as your unauthorized counselor. For starters, to pull yourself through the hot summer days you'll have to pose with loudspeakers holding a bottle of..............................GASP... ....................................... ...Perrier! :lol: :thumb:

lonewolfny42

« Reply #10 on: 10 Jun 2008, 01:42 am »

Frank   

Well Chris...I have just nominated myself as your unauthorized counselor. For starters, to pull yourself through the hot summer days you'll have to pose with loudspeakers holding a bottle of..............................GASP... ....................................... ...Perrier! :lol: :thumb:
Perrier!.... :o

They still make that ?
I thought everyone went over to Poland Spring water..

SET Man

« Reply #11 on: 10 Jun 2008, 01:43 am »

Hey!

Yes, there is a Thai coffee. Think of it as a sweeten condensed robusta type coffee. :D

You could actually buy a bottle of this and all you have to do is to add evaporated or regular milk. :D

Maybe I will bring a bottle along with me to the next Rave... if I made it of course :wink:

Take care,
Buddy :thumb:

Gordy

« Reply #12 on: 10 Jun 2008, 01:43 am »

No, we had it at a Thai restaurant a few blocks from the house... can't recall the name of course but, it was a second floor place with huge windows on two sides.  Maybe you've been?

mjosef

« Reply #13 on: 10 Jun 2008, 01:50 am »
Yeap..I think I ate there once or twice...not the best Thai...

yooper

« Reply #14 on: 10 Jun 2008, 02:18 am »
Me like these..... a lot!  :hyper:  If your out and about and pass a Tim Horton's, get yourself an Iced Cappuccino.

Mark

mcullinan

« Reply #15 on: 10 Jun 2008, 02:30 am »
Iced coffee turbo, brm brmm( 2 expresso shots in a large) with lots o sugar from Dunkin Donuts. Gives me energy for my crazy thoughts.
Mike

bpape

• Industry Participant
  • I am serious and don't call my Shirley
    • Sensible Sound Solutions
« Reply #16 on: 10 Jun 2008, 02:39 am »
Hot sunny days are the best days to make the best drink to combat it - Sun Tea. 

Bryan

some young guy

« Reply #17 on: 10 Jun 2008, 03:01 am »
Hot sunny days are the best days to make the best drink to combat it - Sun Tea. 

Bryan
...or the worst drink to combat it - BEER.  :thumb:

Actually, one thing I've been into is iced tea made with jasmin green tea, lime juice and honey.

bpape

• Industry Participant
  • I am serious and don't call my Shirley
    • Sensible Sound Solutions
« Reply #18 on: 10 Jun 2008, 03:18 am »
Like the Jasmine and maybe a touch of lemon or lime.  If you want to 'brisk' it up a little more, try a couple mint leaves in the water when you set it out to brew. 

Bryan

lonewolfny42

« Reply #19 on: 10 Jun 2008, 03:40 am »
Thanks for all the cool suggestions.... tasty... :wink:

Keep them coming..... :thumb: