They've Arrived 04/07/09 (my HT2-TL)

Nuance

Re: They've Arrived 04/07/09 (my HT2-TL)
« Reply #40 on: 7 Apr 2009, 07:18 pm »

My middle daughter is pretty astute, and she remarked that Jim made the speakers wider.  I think that she was referring to depth, because the HT2-TL are noticeably deeper than the ST.
They certainly are.  I called them the obtuse SongTower's.  :)

Oh yeah, did I mention I auditioned a pair of the new HT2 TL's this past weekend at TJHUB's home?  All I can say is woooooooooow!  They are very impressive - no doubt! 

Enjoy those badboys, oneinthepipe!

funkmonkey

« Reply #41 on: 7 Apr 2009, 07:25 pm »
 :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:  Glad to hear they made it, and that everyone is feeling better.  Enjoy brother.
Looking forward to the pics...

-Funk

Wayner

« Reply #42 on: 7 Apr 2009, 09:32 pm »
Way to go OITP! Can't wait for pictures. Will you also bi-wire these?

Wayner

oneinthepipe

• Trainee
    • Salk Signature Sound/Audio by Van Alstine two-channel system
« Reply #43 on: 7 Apr 2009, 10:53 pm »
Way to go OITP! Can't wait for pictures. Will you also bi-wire these?

Wayner

Wayner:

No. I have been using single wire since I switched to Belden 5000UE, per your recommendation.  :D

Gord_Toronto

« Reply #44 on: 7 Apr 2009, 11:00 pm »
I didn't know that you could get one of Jim's doctor notes.  I went another route and had my Mother in Law wait for and receive them.  She was very patient during the 9 day hold up in customs.

Very happy for you and to hear that the kids are better.

Enjoy those H2-TL's oneinthepipe.

TJHUB

« Reply #45 on: 7 Apr 2009, 11:38 pm »
Whoa Hoa!

I didn't go to work today because my two younger kids have fevers and couldn't go to school (and I am not feeling too well, either).  A few minutes ago, the FedEx truck pulled into the driveway, and the driver helped me carry the speakers into my listening room.  If someone wasn't home, he would have left the speakers in the driveway in the rain.

I am going to start unpacking the speakers now.

In the spirit of TJHUB's thread, I also took a photo of the FedEx truck.

HA HA!!  :D  That's right you took a picture of that FedEx truck!  :P :P

I'm glad you came around and "planned" your day a little better than we discussed.  :wink:

Let's see those pics!!

rydenfan

« Reply #46 on: 8 Apr 2009, 12:34 am »
No pics yet??

Captain Humble

Re: Tomorrow is the Big Day, hopefully (my HT2-TL)
« Reply #47 on: 8 Apr 2009, 12:45 am »
Yes sir, hand rubbed.  I love how it turned out.  :)

I've seen the standard "matte finish" with the Pau Ferro veneer as well, and it looks just as good.  That veneer is just gorgeous IMO.
I agree Nuance, gorgeous is most fitting! :thumb:
I like to listen to music in the dark, but those STs are so pretty I'd probably leave the lights on.

oneinthepipe

• Trainee
« Reply #48 on: 8 Apr 2009, 01:53 am »
Obviously, I lack any photography skills, but I will try to enlist my wife's help later.

Nevertheless, here are some photos.

Here is the FedEx truck in the driveway.  As you can see, there is light rain.  My silver Jag X-Type is parked in front.  My lawn needs a lot of help, but we don't use chemical fertilizer or pesticides because the kids play on the lawn.

Here, the FedEx driver is preparing to leave my speakers in the middle of the driveway in the rain.  Adult Signature Required?  I must have missed that.  Luckily, I came out before he could unload the other speaker and take off.

This is the left speaker, right side, taken at night indoors with flash.

This is the front of the right speaker.  The photos do not do justice to the beautiful finish.

« Last Edit: 8 Apr 2009, 03:17 am by oneinthepipe »

TJHUB

« Reply #49 on: 8 Apr 2009, 02:31 am »
Nice FedEx truck pic.  :wink: :P :D

Beautiful finish on the speakers sir.  Seeing Nuance's pics of his reminded me how beautiful they really are.

bigbwb

« Reply #50 on: 8 Apr 2009, 02:38 am »
I have to admit the finish, color, the way they present themselves, ............WOW :drool:

The FEDEX truck is beautiful :lol: :green:

Doh, I mean the HT2 TL's :duh:

On a serious note, they look great, congrats on a great speaker purchase, now if I ever get to hear Terry's someday :scratch:

Good evening guys,

Brandon

TJHUB

« Reply #51 on: 8 Apr 2009, 02:50 am »

On a serious note, they look great, congrats on a great speaker purchase, now if I ever get to hear Terry's someday :scratch:

Good evening guys,

Brandon

Anytime you're ready to make the drive for a listen, just let me know.  :)

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #52 on: 8 Apr 2009, 03:16 am »
Congrats, OITP!!!  :beer:

bahorn1

« Reply #53 on: 8 Apr 2009, 03:22 am »
Congrats OITP!  :thumb:  It's funny you guys like to take pics of the Fedex truck.

joelmilr

« Reply #54 on: 8 Apr 2009, 06:03 am »
OITP - CONGRATULATIONS!! on the new addition to your household. I also think it's great that you are getting the next generation of Salk owners involved already. Enjoy.

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #55 on: 8 Apr 2009, 06:59 am »
Obviously, I lack any photography skills, but I will try to enlist my wife's help later.

Nevertheless, here are some photos.

Here is the FedEx truck in the driveway.  As you can see, there is light rain.  My silver Jag X-Type is parked in front.  My lawn needs a lot of help, but we don't use chemical fertilizer or pesticides because the kids play on the lawn.

Here, the FedEx driver is preparing to leave my speakers in the middle of the driveway in the rain.  Adult Signature Required?  I must have missed that.  Luckily, I came out before he could unload the other speaker and take off.

This is the left speaker, right side, taken at night indoors with flash.

This is the front of the right speaker.  The photos do not do justice to the beautiful finish.

« Last Edit: 8 Apr 2009, 09:02 pm by satfrat »

oneinthepipe

• Trainee
« Reply #56 on: 8 Apr 2009, 06:52 pm »
I went another route and had my Mother in Law wait for and receive them.  She was very patient during the 9 day hold up in customs.

I hope that you left her with some snacks, at least.  Nine days.  That is a good mother-in-law.

Nuance

« Reply #57 on: 8 Apr 2009, 08:45 pm »
Great looking speakers, OITP!  Any chance you can take some clearer pictures? 

oneinthepipe

• Trainee
« Reply #58 on: 8 Apr 2009, 11:24 pm »
Great looking speakers, OITP!  Any chance you can take some clearer pictures? 

My wife promised me that she will take some photos, but she told me that I have to carry the speakers outside.  I think that I will have to wait until the weekend, since we both work full time and are rarely home together in the day during the work week.   :inlove:

Gord_Toronto

« Reply #59 on: 9 Apr 2009, 12:01 am »
I went another route and had my Mother in Law wait for and receive them.  She was very patient during the 9 day hold up in customs.

I hope that you left her with some snacks, at least.  Nine days.  That is a good mother-in-law.
[/quote]

She also had to learn to hold her pee.  She was afraid that she would miss the delivery man