Jim's Veracity ST's in ziricote

jsalk

Jim's Veracity ST's in ziricote
« on: 30 Jul 2013, 05:42 pm »
Jim wanted a pair of our new Veracity ST's in Mexican ziricote.

Here are some pictures...

And a close-up...

Happy listening, Jim!

- Jim

Nuance

Re: Jim's Veracity ST's in ziricote
« Reply #1 on: 30 Jul 2013, 05:55 pm »
Fantastic work, Jim!  And congrats to you as well, Jim.  Happy listening!

Frans

• Has anyone seen my last marble?
« Reply #2 on: 31 Jul 2013, 01:11 am »
I've never seen that type of wood before, it's striking!

Austin08

« Reply #3 on: 31 Jul 2013, 02:26 am »
All I can say is Woooow.........

Vapor Audio

• Industry Participant
  • Building Audio Bling since 2007
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #4 on: 31 Jul 2013, 03:24 am »
Ziricote is some amazing stuff, the way the grain pattern looks like it's in layers on top of each other is like nothing else.  I've been wanting to work with it myself, and think your pics might give me the nudge ... very nice!

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #5 on: 31 Jul 2013, 06:27 am »
 :drool: Ooooh  :o  Very, very nice Jim. And nice choice Jim, they will no doubt sound as great as they look.  8)

Z-man

« Reply #6 on: 31 Jul 2013, 11:33 am »
Thanks for the positive comments.  These babies will be on my doorstep tomorrow and I couldn't be more excited.  Working with Jim has been one of the best shopping and buying experiences that I've ever had.  If I had to pinpoint the best part (besides the great product), it's that Jim answers the phone which allows you to deal directly with numero uno.  That means a lot to me. 

The ziricote veneer is mesmorizing and striking - that's what my wife and I were shooting for.  It's fun to notice/visualize the many features, designs, and "things" in the veneer.  From the pictures, our 9 year old daugher has already spotted a demon gazelle and a warrior statue. I'm sure we'll spot 10x more once we get them. 

Ace Deprave

« Reply #7 on: 31 Jul 2013, 12:48 pm »
Thanks for the positive comments.  These babies will be on my doorstep tomorrow and I couldn't be more excited.  Working with Jim has been one of the best shopping and buying experiences that I've ever had.  If I had to pinpoint the best part (besides the great product), it's that Jim answers the phone which allows you to deal directly with numero uno.  That means a lot to me. 

The ziricote veneer is mesmorizing and striking - that's what my wife and I were shooting for.  It's fun to notice/visualize the many features, designs, and "things" in the veneer.  From the pictures, our 9 year old daugher has already spotted a demon gazelle and a warrior statue. I'm sure we'll spot 10x more once we get them.

Those are beautiful! Welcome to the club!

coke

« Reply #8 on: 31 Jul 2013, 01:39 pm »
  It's fun to notice/visualize the many features, designs, and "things" in the veneer.  From the pictures, our 9 year old daugher has already spotted a demon gazelle and a warrior statue. I'm sure we'll spot 10x more once we get them.

I get the same with my speakers. Everyone who looks at them sees something different.  :thumb:

Some people see Daffy Duck from this angle

Z-man

« Reply #9 on: 31 Jul 2013, 02:23 pm »
Ah yes, I see Daffy. 

Coke - your speakers are exquisite and inspired us to leave the sapwood in the veneer.  To be honest, we wanted a veneer similar to yours, but none of the burled walnut veneers (with sapwood) were attractive imo.  That, along with the idea of copying someone's custom speakers, led us down the ziricote veneer path.  Of all the Salk speakers we looked at, your speakers were my wife's favorite by a wide margin. 
« Last Edit: 31 Jul 2013, 04:30 pm by Z-man »

et+kooper

« Reply #10 on: 31 Jul 2013, 05:42 pm »
Jim & Coke:Both pair of speakers are quite stricking.   
   Bruce

coke

« Reply #11 on: 31 Jul 2013, 05:53 pm »
Ah yes, I see Daffy. 

Coke - your speakers are exquisite and inspired us to leave the sapwood in the veneer.  To be honest, we wanted a veneer similar to yours, but none of the burled walnut veneers (with sapwood) were attractive imo.  That, along with the idea of copying someone's custom speakers, led us down the ziricote veneer path.  Of all the Salk speakers we looked at, your speakers were my wife's favorite by a wide margin.

Thanks, but I can't really take much credit.  I asked Jim for something different and after a few emails with examples, that's what I got  :)

robcentola

« Reply #12 on: 21 Sep 2013, 09:33 pm »
Holy Toledo! 

Z-man

« Reply #13 on: 22 May 2014, 01:51 am »
Better late than never....some pictures of my babies in their home.  I love these speakers....hoping to add a custom center channel (in a custom mantle) and a sub or two in the near future.  I think this certain batch of ziricote veneer is simply AMAZING......thanks Jim. 

The original pictures (1st post) sure didn't do the speakers justice, but the following pictures are more realistic.  They are extremely hard to photograph due to the reflections, it was almost impossible to get good picture of the outside of the speaker (the windows created a lot of reflections).  Using a flash helped with the reflections, and REALLY brought out the wood grain, but it also made the colors look unnatural. 

The reason it took so long to post pictures..........the ziricote finish didn't quite "work" aesthetically with our room, so we remodeled the house to better blend in with the speakers.  Yes, we changed the house to match the speakers...LOL.  We were going to remodel anyway, but the speakers pushed us to do it sooner than later. 

Outside of speaker using a flash...lots of grain...not the actual color. 

When I heard that Jim used an automotive clear coat, I got his blessing to do this.  Shinier is better :D 

Saturn94

« Reply #14 on: 22 May 2014, 02:59 am »
Beautiful room and speakers!  :thumb:

coke

« Reply #15 on: 22 May 2014, 01:29 pm »
Very nice.   :thumb:

ricardojoa

« Reply #16 on: 22 May 2014, 01:38 pm »
I am not a fan of that veneer. Personbally i think it looks too old fashion :lol:, but when everything is well matched, all i can see wow. I now have a total different view of that veneer! It actually looks pretty dramatic.
By the way, are you waxing the speakers? What finish did you get?

robcentola

« Reply #17 on: 22 May 2014, 10:17 pm »
Absolutely incredible.

uberu

« Reply #18 on: 22 May 2014, 10:56 pm »
I want these.

geowak

« Reply #19 on: 22 May 2014, 10:59 pm »
Although I have never heard a pair of Salk speakers, these speakers have to be in the top five best looking speakers I have ever seen. The craftsmanship, from the pics, looks just top notch. I would love to own a pair. I've been convinced by Salk owners... Salk speakers sound tremendous.