A Big Thanks

Rick Craig

• Industry Participant
  • Selah Audio
    • http://www.selahaudio.com
A Big Thanks
« on: 18 Nov 2015, 02:26 pm »
Thank you to all of the AC members, customers, and guests over the years who have visited this circle. I have made some good friends and enjoyed discussing our products and other audio topics. Feel free to email me if you like and don't worry - I'm not going anywhere; in fact, 2016 looks to be the best year we've ever had with some major projects in the works. You can visit www.selahaudio.com for my contact information.

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
Re: A Big Thanks
« Reply #1 on: 18 Nov 2015, 04:08 pm »
Why the sudden bailout?

Rick Craig

• Industry Participant
  • Selah Audio
« Reply #2 on: 18 Nov 2015, 04:43 pm »
Why the sudden bailout?

I have been asked to leave.

werd

« Reply #3 on: 18 Nov 2015, 05:04 pm »

:scratch:.  Yeah don't leave.

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #4 on: 18 Nov 2015, 07:33 pm »
:scratch:   Where to now?  I know Computer Audiophile now takes companies and they have a very large group too.  Just a thought. 

maxboy00

« Reply #5 on: 18 Nov 2015, 10:32 pm »

Another win for the PC crowd.

If you don't like what someone says first draw the long knives and attack to shut them up and then shut them down. If the content of this circle is not to your liking, then simply don't patronize it….but don't shut it down. 

Audio Circle benefits from this circle, has it does from the other circles all of which are fine sponsors that promote this hobby.

tkp

« Reply #6 on: 18 Nov 2015, 10:50 pm »
I assume this has to do with one of the recent post that rubbed some people the wrong way.  If this is true then I am stunt that it lead to this. 

I am not sure if anyone would benefit with Selah Audio leaving (beside gaining the personal satisfaction making someone paid because they don't see things the way you do and/or they happen to disagree with you).  I rarely post any more but I do visit this circle regularly to learn about affordable speakers using the best/latest tweeters/woofers combination.

I will be sad to see this circle goes :-(.

Art_Chicago

« Reply #7 on: 18 Nov 2015, 10:54 pm »
I assume this has to do with one of the recent post that rubbed some people the wrong way.  If this is true then I am stunt that it lead to this. 

I am not sure if anyone would benefit with Selah Audio leaving (beside gaining the personal satisfaction making someone paid because they don't see things the way you do and/or they happen to disagree with you).  I rarely post any more but I do visit this circle regularly to learn about affordable speakers using the best/latest tweeters/woofers combination.

I will be sad to see this circle goes :-(.

+1

gregfisk

• Restricted
  • Us alone in the universe? sure is a waste of SPACE
« Reply #8 on: 18 Nov 2015, 11:10 pm »

Well Rick,

I didn't think you starting the B6 thread was appropriate and as you know I said so, but I don't think you should be asked to leave. Just dump the thread and move on. You've never written anything out of line that I have seen before and I have enjoyed reading your threads from time to time.

I feel like I'm missing something here :scratch:

AvFan

« Reply #9 on: 18 Nov 2015, 11:51 pm »

I am sorry to hear you will no longer be part of Audio Circle.  I have two sets of your speakers, a kit MTM and the Ottavo, and they are both terrific.  To be honest, your circle is the just about the only reason I visit AC.  I wish you the best in your future business ventures and I hope you find a venue where your excellent speakers will have a wider audience. 

Wind Chaser

« Reply #10 on: 19 Nov 2015, 12:50 am »
Well Rick,

I didn't think you starting the B6 thread was appropriate...

One rule that applies to all members is... The basic idea here is that you're expected to behave like a grown-up. Try not to say stuff you wouldn't say to someone if they were standing in front of you.

Site sponsors... are generally held to a higher standard than regular members, and are expected to behave in a professional manner at all times. Abusive or unnecessarily argumentative posts and messages ("PMs") may result in your posting privileges on this site being restricted or terminated.

One Site Sponsor cannot disparage or undermine the credibility of another Site Sponsor. That's a definite no-no!

Rick was *asked* to leave. That is quite different from getting the boot. A diplomatic request may yet afford the opportunity for correction and a possible resolution... while the getting the boot is draconian and non negotiable.

The way I see it, it's up to Rick. The ball is in his court.

redskinsfan

« Reply #11 on: 19 Nov 2015, 01:22 am »
As a sometime poster and frequent visitor to the Selah Audio Circle, I truly hope there is some way to salvage this unfortunate situation that would enable Rick to stay in the Audio Circle community. I don't really know all the backstory behind the brouhaha, but I think perhaps ''mountain out of a molehill'' might be an apt description of what has ensued. I remain hopeful for a happy resolution for all concerned--cooler heads should prevail.

Kishore

« Reply #12 on: 19 Nov 2015, 02:53 am »
Well Rick,

I didn't think you starting the B6 thread was appropriate and as you know I said so,..

See I disagree with you and Mods completely here- I thought it was fine/with wit/gentle jab and that's about it- not a big deal at all. I am shocked folks have thin skin or are sensitive kittens  :lol:  But I liked that you spoke your mind- or shall I say made your views known- that is important too. That is beauty of diversity of thought  :P

Ditto on this - my reaction

Jeff K

« Reply #13 on: 19 Nov 2015, 04:08 am »
Well Rick, if you're not here, I won't have any interest in AC. I always look for your posts whether they are on the PE tech forum or some other one. Are there any other forums on which you occasionally post?

The hypersensitivity of the perpetually offended is certainly getting tiresome. Watch those micro-aggressions.  :nono:

pawsman

« Reply #14 on: 19 Nov 2015, 01:38 pm »
Rick, I hope they can work this out; I'll miss seeing your posts on AC-

pawsman

Dracule1

• Volunteer
« Reply #15 on: 19 Nov 2015, 03:26 pm »
I thought the Elac B6 thread was in bad taste and deserving of an apology, but it shouldn't result in someone being kicked out.  I think we've all posted things we regret in hindsight.

Rick Craig

• Industry Participant
  • Selah Audio
« Reply #16 on: 19 Nov 2015, 04:21 pm »
:scratch:   Where to now?  I know Computer Audiophile now takes companies and they have a very large group too.  Just a thought.

I'm not really sure - the final outcome of this hasn't been determined and is still in discussion.

Wind Chaser

« Reply #17 on: 19 Nov 2015, 05:11 pm »
I thought the Elac B6 thread was in bad taste and deserving of an apology, but it shouldn't result in someone being kicked out.

Site Sponsors are not exempt from Forum Decorum. They have an obligation to be 'professional' at all times.

If Rick is willing to apologize and can assure the Admin that he will not be a repeat offender, then I'm sure the Admin will give him a pass.

Whatever happens, it will be Rick who makes that decision. That's why he was asked to leave as opposed to given the boot.

Jeff K

« Reply #18 on: 19 Nov 2015, 05:30 pm »
Site Sponsors are not exempt from Forum Decorum. They have an obligation to be 'professional' at all times.

If Rick is willing to apologize and can assure the Admin that he will not be a repeat offender, then I'm sure the Admin will give him a pass.

Whatever happens, it will be Rick who makes that decision. That's why he was asked to leave as opposed to given the boot.

You sound like an Admin wannabe or an "adult" trying to scold a child. Rick is one of the most professional businessmen I've ever had the pleasure of dealing with.

If the comment above gets me banned............. don't care.

Rick Craig

• Industry Participant
  • Selah Audio
« Reply #19 on: 19 Nov 2015, 05:36 pm »

So what happens with the responses made by two of the other site sponsors?