Nuforce Amplifier Measurements

eRaS

Nuforce Amplifier Measurements
« on: 14 Aug 2011, 02:33 pm »
Hello All,

Stereophile reviews generally include a section on Measurements (frequency response, square wave reproduction etc.), and although not the be-all-end-all, offers some insight into an amplifiers performance. I see that the Nuforce Icon has been reviewed there, but I am much more curious to know how the Reference series amplifiers measure up, particularly with regards to the flagship Reference 18. I note that there are frequency response graphs but not much more.

Does anyone/Has anyone seen more detailed measurements elsewhere on the interweb? If you do, please share!  :D

eRaS

Re: Nuforce Amplifier Measurements
« Reply #1 on: 27 Aug 2011, 08:22 am »
Anything to share, Casey/Jason? Thanks.

Vic

Re: Nuforce Amplifier Measurements
« Reply #2 on: 10 Feb 2012, 07:59 am »
I'm not sure if this is still the case but Stereophile, who may have been the first periodical to publish measurements of a class D switching amplifier, did admit to the uniqueness in measuring a switching amplifier.

Go to their archive and look for the review and follow up for the PS Audio HCA-2. A $1500 amplifier that was given their A rating and as a result began the controversy surrounding class D amplifiers in general.