OT: internal wire for speakers

Al Garay

« on: 3 Jun 2004, 07:21 am »
Hi John,

I remember you having access to wire directly from Japan, similar to Vampire (with their continuous cast copper). Do you have any that you would recommend for internal wiring speakers? I'm about ready to buy some CCC or OFHC 14 gauge.

Thanks,

Al

John Chapman

• Facilitator
    • http://www.bentaudio.com
« Reply #1 on: 3 Jun 2004, 10:22 pm »
Hello!

When I am playing with speakers here I tend to use whatever I have around - either OCC copper or silver. The gauges I have here are small as you know so I just braid up to a higher gauge. I have mostly been working with quite efficient speakers (like the FAL's ) or line arrays and so have not needed large gauge wires - usually a braid of a few wires seems to work well. Don't think this would be the best answer if you needed large gauges as they are a bit of a pain to braid! I can recomend the OCC copper from Denis at Chimera labs - easy to get and good stuff. I think originally it comes from neotech.

Thansk!

John

Al Garay

« Reply #2 on: 3 Jun 2004, 10:44 pm »
Thanks for the reply John.

I have some CCC wire left from Vampire but it's mainly 12 gauge which is too big for my mid-woofer. But I ordered some wire from ApexJr. They have excellent prices for their teflon silver plated copper wire (that's a mouthful!). Several people recommended it from the Madisound forum.

Al