corndog71

• Some people call me Rob.
Re: Super 7 Flat Packs.....
« Reply #120 on: 3 Feb 2019, 02:14 am »
 :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

tasar

« Reply #121 on: 7 Feb 2019, 02:48 pm »
And just to clarify,  that price   is obviously for the full  Super 7 kits/flat packs.   the  monitors  are    less. Trying to come in at  $525 for the monitor flat pack.

Baffles were being cut today, should have stock onthese (monitors) by weeks end if all goes well.
full kits  can be ordered now but a  bit of lead time  is needed  before delivery

jay

Doing math, that’s $3275 plus ship for complete upper kit, correct ?

Danny Richie

« Reply #122 on: 7 Feb 2019, 04:24 pm »
Doing math, that’s $3275 plus ship for complete upper kit, correct ?

I get $2,925 plus shipping.

Captainhemo

« Reply #123 on: 7 Feb 2019, 04:32 pm »
I'm  not   sure  of the  exact pricing on the Neo10's or  networks but, if you  do the math roughly:
Neo10's   say $210 x8  $1680
Neo3's    2 x $100        $ 200
flat Pack                      $ 525

So   apprx  $2405 +  netwowrks,  tube connectors, wire shipping etc
I'm  guessing  at those  driver  prices,  didn't  go look them up.

I think the  last  pair of monitors from the first  run is now spoken for but  not  100% sure.  If there is  interest, more will be cut.

jay

tasar

« Reply #124 on: 7 Feb 2019, 06:52 pm »
Ah, minus the servo woofers and amps then $2,750. for the kit.

Jay threw out the number $525 for upper baffle. I threw out the question awhile back re upper driver kit, which apparently has changed from quote above, because $2750 plus $525 does not come to $2925. Do we have a price reduction ?

Danny Richie

« Reply #125 on: 7 Feb 2019, 07:46 pm »
I have re-crunched the numbers and can sell the Super-7 kit (upper only and no servo subs) for $2,400. Then the flat pack is $525. Plus shipping cost.

And I can do the full Super-7 kit for $4,200 and the flat pack is $1,600. Plus shipping cost.

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #126 on: 7 Feb 2019, 08:56 pm »
For what you get, performance wise w/the Super 7's, that's an amazing bargain.

pk

« Reply #127 on: 10 Feb 2019, 11:56 am »
Hi Danny,

The Super 7 looks very interesting indeed! I have a few questions regarding the upper part kit (i.e., without servo subs) that I hope you will respond to:
1. What are the crossover point and slope(s) between the mid/high section?
2. What high-pass (frequency and slope) do you recommend for the Neo 10s, and is this included?
3. Can you use active filters for the high-pass to the Neo 10s? (i.e. no caps used)
4. What low-pass slope for the bass section should they be parred with (assuming a bass section that does not roll of by itself until further up the frequency band)
5. What is the sensitivity and power handling of the upper part section?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards
Peter

I get $2,925 plus shipping.

Danny Richie

« Reply #128 on: 10 Feb 2019, 03:24 pm »
Hi Danny,

The Super 7 looks very interesting indeed! I have a few questions regarding the upper part kit (i.e., without servo subs) that I hope you will respond to:

It would be really tough to make the upper section work without the servo subs. It will require drivers fast enough to match with the speed of the planars. Certainly no large diameter drivers are going to do that without servo control.

1. What are the crossover point and slope(s) between the mid/high section?

Second order, 180Hz range.

2. What high-pass (frequency and slope) do you recommend for the Neo 10s, and is this included?

Ideally just use an inline filter using a single capacitor prior to your amplifier. This keeps the cap value really small (less expensive) and it will have less adverse effect. The cap value needed will depend on the input impedance of your amp.

With small wattage amps you don't need to use any high pass filter at all. 

3. Can you use active filters for the high-pass to the Neo 10s? (i.e. no caps used)

I would avoid any electronic style filters that put additional parts and A/C noise into the signal path.

4. What low-pass slope for the bass section should they be parred with (assuming a bass section that does not roll of by itself until further up the frequency band)

The servo subs and servo amp will do it all. There is a LOT of flexibility there that allow the drivers to blend, plus EQ of the woofer section to help control room issues.

Trying to blend the upper to anything else would be tough.

5. What is the sensitivity and power handling of the upper part section?

Sensitivity is 97db. And unless you need for your ears to bleed you won't ever need near enough power to stress the drivers.

pk

« Reply #129 on: 10 Feb 2019, 04:10 pm »
Hi Danny,

Thanks a lot for the quick reply!

You responded (regarding the mid/high crossover):

"Second order, 180Hz range."

Did you mean 1800 Hz?

You responded (regarding the high-pass of the Neo 10s):

"Ideally just use an inline filter using a single capacitor prior to your amplifier. This keeps the cap value really small (less expensive) and it will have less adverse effect. The cap value needed will depend on the input impedance of your amp."

So, a first order high-pass for the Neo 10s are sufficient. At what frequency point do the Neo 10s role off by themselves in the bass and at what slope?

And an additional Q: Is the phase response of the top section (Neo 10 + Neo 3) linear (or at least without any serious phase shifts)?

Thanks a lot again!

Best regards
Peter 

Captainhemo

« Reply #130 on: 10 Feb 2019, 05:14 pm »
We finally   spent an afternoon  on the Super 7's.  Primed and ready for  another  round of block sanding

Getting  closer to some  color

You  guys should start  getting  your S7 monitor kits this coming week.

jay

Danny Richie

« Reply #131 on: 11 Feb 2019, 12:35 am »
Hi Danny,

Thanks a lot for the quick reply!

You responded (regarding the mid/high crossover):

"Second order, 180Hz range."

Did you mean 1800 Hz?

I was referring to the crossover point from the Neo 10's to the lower woofers.

The upper crossover is in the 2.5kHz range.

You responded (regarding the high-pass of the Neo 10s):

"Ideally just use an inline filter using a single capacitor prior to your amplifier. This keeps the cap value really small (less expensive) and it will have less adverse effect. The cap value needed will depend on the input impedance of your amp."

So, a first order high-pass for the Neo 10s are sufficient. At what frequency point do the Neo 10s role off by themselves in the bass and at what slope?

Yes, a first order electrical slope is all that is needed. The Neo 10's do have a natural roll off that starts about 250Hz. I'll post a response curve Monday when I get back to the office.

And an additional Q: Is the phase response of the top section (Neo 10 + Neo 3) linear (or at least without any serious phase shifts)?

There are no serious shifts in phase. It is quite linear.

pk

« Reply #132 on: 11 Feb 2019, 08:28 am »
Hi Danny,

Thanks a lot for your replies!

Best regards
Peter

I was referring to the crossover point from the Neo 10's to the lower woofers.

The upper crossover is in the 2.5kHz range.

Yes, a first order electrical slope is all that is needed. The Neo 10's do have a natural roll off that starts about 250Hz. I'll post a response curve Monday when I get back to the office.

There are no serious shifts in phase. It is quite linear.

pk

« Reply #133 on: 13 Feb 2019, 08:15 am »
Hi Danny,

Would it be possible to see the response curve of the Neo 10's in the Super 7 without any high-pass inserted?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards
Peter

Danny Richie

« Reply #134 on: 13 Feb 2019, 05:57 pm »
Hi Danny,

Would it be possible to see the response curve of the Neo 10's in the Super 7 without any high-pass inserted?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards
Peter

Here is the latest measurement on the new baffle. I didn't save any of the measurements prior to adding the filter.

pk

« Reply #135 on: 13 Feb 2019, 07:24 pm »
Hi Danny,

Thanks a lot for the graph - it looks great!

Is the measurement with or without a high-pass cap inserted on the Neo 10? If the measurement is without a high-pass cap inserted on the Neo 10, could you then please elaborate on what happens below 200 cycles?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards
Peter 

Danny Richie

« Reply #136 on: 13 Feb 2019, 09:03 pm »
Hi Danny,

Thanks a lot for the graph - it looks great!

Is the measurement with or without a high-pass cap inserted on the Neo 10? If the measurement is without a high-pass cap inserted on the Neo 10, could you then please elaborate on what happens below 200 cycles?

That is without a high pass filter.

Below 200Hz it starts a natural roll of.

jparkhur

« Reply #137 on: 14 Feb 2019, 01:56 am »
Everyone is thinking it. Why use the neo 3 then if four tens graph well?   Im missing something

Nvm. It is summed in graph. 

pk

« Reply #138 on: 14 Feb 2019, 08:05 am »
Hi Danny,

Thanks a lot for taking the time to respond!

Best regards
Peter

That is without a high pass filter.

Below 200Hz it starts a natural roll of.

Danny Richie

« Reply #139 on: 14 Feb 2019, 03:18 pm »
Everyone is thinking it. Why use the neo 3 then if four tens graph well?   Im missing something

Nvm. It is summed in graph.

Why us a tweeter with the Neo 10's?