johnzm

Re: AV123 Auction talk
« Reply #21 on: 16 Sep 2010, 05:54 pm »

Danny,

check your pm

Danny Richie

« Reply #22 on: 16 Sep 2010, 06:08 pm »
I am missing lot 22. It was some X-LS crossovers.

And I am missing half of lot 100. The tube amp is missing.

I just spoke with them and they said that their people checked everything three times to make sure it was all there. They are blaming it on the trucking company.  :roll:

And the trucking company had to re-shrink wrap my order as two pallets had product sitting on it with no shrink wrap on it or anything.

So I am pretty much screwed.

freerider

« Reply #23 on: 16 Sep 2010, 06:17 pm »
What a cluster that auction turned out to be, for those of us bidding remotely.  I'll never do that again.

johnzm

« Reply #24 on: 16 Sep 2010, 06:26 pm »
im on hold now. i think its the company they seem so nice on the phone but really mishandled the whole thing
oh well, last ditch effort and she said it cant be located. i heard they have a bunch of items left that were never picked up

Beatcoaster

« Reply #25 on: 17 Sep 2010, 12:35 am »
How about she let's someone on here that is local pickup all those leftover items and we can figure this cluster f@#$ out by ourselves....amazing.

virtue

• Industry Participant
  • Making audio lovers audiophiles
    • Virtue Audio
« Reply #26 on: 29 Sep 2010, 05:39 pm »
I joined a friend in buying around $450 worth of stuff: 4 subwoofer amps (need transformers, 500w guys), 4 pairs of prototype speakers (clearly gen-1 xovers), a bunch of speaker bases, and some cloth grills.  Only the amps seem worth keeping and the rest are taking up space that will cost another $400 next month if not cleared out in the next 2 days.  The goods are in storage in Boulder right now and if you will take ALL of it, you can have it for nothing.  This will save us a call to the trash hauling company.  Apparently it's around 2 pickup-trucks worth of crap.  Please contact Ivan today to arrange pickp.  All or nothing.  First come, first served:  ivan@ionsky.com.

Beatcoaster

« Reply #27 on: 29 Sep 2010, 05:44 pm »
Wish I was local!!  Post some photos of the stuff and I bet people would jump on it!

itkruglak

Re: AV123 Auction talk--FREE SPEAKERS and ACCESSORIES
« Reply #28 on: 29 Sep 2010, 06:37 pm »
I decided not to go ahead with a project using some of this stuff and don't want to pay for storage, so it's free to 1st taker!

Here is more or less what you will get--BUT you must take it ALL!  Will post photos of AV123 auction stuff as soon as I have them.

2  Desktop  Monitor speakers in nice wood cabinets
  2  Floor-standing smaller speakers (tweeter & Mid/woofer), no grills (they are in another box somewhere), a little cosmetic work needed
  2  Large floor-standers, fancy wood veneer is fine on sides but is not smooth on top due to low Colorado humidity.  Speakers missing some fastening screws, higher quality  tweeter, mid & woofer, bases on speakers--spikes in another box
  1  New in box monitor speaker with prototype wireless included

Above speakers all work--tested with tone sweep & music

Several other partially complete speakers & empty cabinets

Many boxes of new speaker grills, bases and accessories

Everything is in North Boulder.  e-mail me at ivan@ionsky.com for a meeting time

Here are a few photos.  If I recall, there are close to 30 cartons plus the speakers

« Last Edit: 29 Sep 2010, 09:38 pm by itkruglak »

Beatcoaster

« Reply #29 on: 8 Oct 2010, 06:19 pm »
Too bad you are not closer - I would pull my truck up and load it up...bummer.  I would even take some things if you were willing to ups em to me...

Bizarroterl

« Reply #30 on: 10 Oct 2010, 04:42 pm »
Is that the proto cabinet for the elusive LS4 I see?   :bowdown:

freerider

« Reply #31 on: 31 Jan 2011, 09:52 pm »
Wow...4 months went by already.  I FINALLY received the paperwork to release my refund, for the shipping damaged woofers!   :)  Looks like I'll get exactly enough $$ to replace the 10 damaged woofers with new ones (minus shipping and taxes).

Beatcoaster

« Reply #32 on: 2 Feb 2011, 05:31 pm »
Wow, at least you are getting your money man!!