Any dealers in San Diego? Also need some advice for 2ch/HT

pugs

Unfortunately, I need to send my Odyssey Loreleis back.  They need to come out too far, are too narrow and therefore unstable.  The good news is that I get to try more speakers.  To me, returning stuff is a pain in the ass.  I'm interested in VMPS, but would like to listen before I buy.  I know John Casler is in L.A., but I don't want to burn a whole day driving up there and back.  Are there any dealers in San Diego?

I want to be able to keep the speakers close to the front wall, and they have to be stable.  As for the sonics, I don't know.  I don't have a lot of experience with speakers, but I want good bass, detail, good imaging, and non fatiguing.  I like pretty much all music especially, jazz, alternative including punk, & hip hop.

I thinking the RM1, RM2, and RM-30 might be good choices for me.  Out of those, which can be placed close to the front wall?  My amps are below my Widescreen TV and will be between the speakers.  I think that might not be ideal for the RM-30 with the side firing woofer. My room is about 14 x 15'.  What do you think?  Any other suggestions?

John Casler

Any dealers in San Diego? Also need some advice for 2ch/HT
« Reply #1 on: 25 May 2004, 10:33 pm »
Hi Pugs,

I know Brian used to have a dealer in Temecula (I beleive his name was Hal Brody)

He is older (than me anyhow) and I'm not sure he is still active with VMPS but you could ask Big B. I think he had, or has RM40s.

All three speakers you mention can be placed rather close to the wall, generally with good results, but actual performance will of course vary according to all the room dimensions, and that interaction.

Overall the RM30 would be an incredible speaker for you.  If you look at the pics posted by Rick Richardson (RM30s) he had the same concern and found it worked fine.  The side firing woofs, fire into the side walls, which with a bit of toe in, make the wall work for you, in most cases.